Sony ZV-E1 Mirrorless Camera with Sonnar T* FE 55mm f/1.8 ZA Lens - White
SKU code: 50028
- 12.1 MP Exmor R CMOS Sensor
- Small Full-Frame Body
- BIONZ XR Processor with AI Processing Unit
- Strong Video Stabilization
- Cinematic Vlog Mode
- Framing Stabiliser and Auto Framing
- 4K 10-Bit 4:2:2 Video Recording with Log & S-Cinetone
- 759 Phase-detect AF Points
- Expanded Max ISO of 409600
- Full Compatibility with Sony Creators' App
- E-Mount Lens/Full-Frame Format
- Aperture Range: f/1.8 to f/22
- Three Aspherical Elements
- ZEISS T* Anti-Reflective Coating
- Linear Autofocus Motor; Internal Focus
- Minimum Focus Distance: 1.6'
- Dust and Moisture-Resistant Construction
- Rounded 9-Blade Diaphragm
For store pickup please contact us
You May Also Like
Bags, Cases & Straps:
Tripods & Monopods:
Flashes & Lighting:
Cleaning & Maintenance:
Protection & Waterproof:
Viewfinder & LCD:
Cables & Connectivity:
1300 365 220
1300 365 220
1300 365 220
Sony ZV-E1: The Perfect Camera for Content Creators
We're thrilled to introduce the newest member of the Sony family: the Sony ZV-E1. This cutting-edge camera takes the extraordinary image quality and creative tools of the Alpha and Cinema Line range and tailors them to the needs of content creators. Small, powerful and incredibly intuitive, the ZV-E1 helps you bridge the gap between your creative vision and the final product.
With a 12.1 MP Exmor R CMOS sensor, BIONZ XR Processor with AI Processing Unit, and strong video stabilisation, the ZV-E1 offers exceptional video performance in the smallest-ever Sony full-frame body. Its Cinematic Vlog Mode, stabiliser, and auto framing make it possible to shoot without assistants or bulky additional gear making it ideal for cinematographers, vloggers and filmmakers.
Serious Content Creation, Made Simple
The Sony ZV-E1 takes the extraordinary image quality and creativity tools pioneered in the Alpha and Cinema Line range of cameras and reimagines them as the ultimate tool for today's emerging content creators. Small, powerful and remarkably intuitive to use, the ZV-E1 makes it easier than ever to remove the gap between your creative vision and the final product.
Thanks to the use of a full-frame image sensor, the ZV-E1 can offer both cinema-level expressive control and extraordinarily powerful production tools like Dynamic Active Stabilisation and Automatic Subject Framing, expanding the range of scenarios that can be shot without assistants or bulky additional gear. Not only can you do more with a single camera than ever before, but the ZV-E1 is also extraordinarily compact, weighing in more than 0.2kg lighter than the Alpha 7SM3, and a half-kilo lighter than some competing full-frame models.
A Tiny Video Production Powerhouse
Inheriting the sensor, processor and core image processing pipeline of the Alpha 7S III and FX3 cameras, the ZV-E1 fits seamlessly into an existing Sony workflow or makes an ideal first step into serious full-frame video production. In addition, its compact size and clean silhouette make it ideal as a practical or crash camera on larger productions.
In addition to its outstanding core image quality and design, the ZV-E1 is compatible with Sony workflow tools like S-Log and enables users to upload custom LUTs to the camera for consistent results across multiple cameras.
Cinematic Vlog Mode
Cinematic Vlog Mode adjusts a wide host of camera settings to achieve a truly cinematic look, in-camera. S-Cinetone, 15+ in-camera presets and a 21:9 aspect ratio all contribute to the creation of a film quality that might otherwise require hours of work in post, all at the push of a button.
Powerful AI-based Features
The new Framing Stabiliser and the revolutionary Auto Framing tool open up a huge range of options for solo shooters and small crews, providing automatic tracking of subjects in the frame with deep customisation.
Dynamic Active Stabilisation
The ZV-E1's full-frame sensor is also used to enhance image stabilisation for situations where hardware stabilisation is impractical or not desired. Building upon the existing Active Stabilisation, Dynamic Active Stabilisation provides extraordinary levels of stabilisation, making it possible to capture footage in-camera that would previously have required a gimbal.
Improved Time Lapse Shooting
Incorporated into the ZV-E1's S&Q mode, the new Time Lapse feature allows the ZV-E1 to capture finished time-lapse movies in-camera, without the need for assembly in post. This feature combines powerfully with Dynamic Active Stabilisation for hyper-lapse-like effects.
Sony Sonnar T* FE 55mm f/1.8 ZA Overview
Premier Portrait Prime
A perfect pairing for full-frame Sony E-mount cameras, the Sonnar T* FE 55mm f/1.8 ZA Lens offers excellent resolution and a bright f/1.8 aperture for photographers looking for a high-performing normal-length prime.
ZEISS Optical Design
- Based on the ZEISS Sonnar optical concept, this lens uses a design with seven elements in five groups that helps achieve the large maximum aperture of f/1.8 while simultaneously reducing flare and improving contrast.
- Bright f/1.8 maximum aperture allows users to create images with shallow depth of field and work in low-light conditions with relative ease.
- Three aspherical elements, including two double-sided, are incorporated in the lens design to reduce astigmatism, field curvature, coma, and other monochromatic aberrations.
- ZEISS T* anti-reflective coatings have been applied to each lens surface to help minimize reflections in order to provide greater image clarity, contrast, and colour fidelity.
- Rounded nine-blade diaphragm contributes to a pleasing bokeh quality when employing selective focus techniques.
Autofocus and Design
- Linear autofocus motor and internal focus design provide quick and precise autofocus performance and enables accurate and silent focusing while recording videos.
- Dust- and moisture-sealed design better permits working in inclement conditions and rubberized control rings benefit handling in colder temperatures.
Effective: 12.9 Megapixel (4240 x 2832)
35.6 x 23.8 mm (Full-Frame) CMOS
Stills & Video
Electronic Shutter, Mechanical Focal Plane Shutter
1/8000 to 30 Second
|1/8000 to 1 Second in Movie Mode|
|80 to 102,400 (Extended: 80 to 409,600)|
Center-Weighted Average, Highlight Weighted, Multiple, Spot
3 to 20 EV
|STILL IMAGE CAPTURE|
|12 MP (4240 x 2832)|
|5.1 MP (2768 x 1848)|
|3 MP (2128 x 1416)|
|Image File Format||
HEIF, JPEG, Raw
|Internal Recording Modes||
XAVC HS 4:2:0 10-Bit
|UHD 4K (3840 x 2160) at 50/59.94 fps [45 to 150 Mb/s]|
|UHD 4K (3840 x 2160) at 23.98 fps [30 to 100 Mb/s]|
|XAVC HS 4:2:2 10-Bit|
|3840 x 2160 at 50/59.94 fps [100 to 200 Mb/s]|
|3840 x 2160 at 23.98 fps [50 to 100 Mb/s]|
|XAVC S 4:2:2 8-Bit|
|UHD 4K (3840 x 2160) at 50/59.94 fps [100 to 200 Mb/s]|
|UHD 4K (3840 x 2160) at 25/29.97 fps [140 Mb/s]|
|UHD 4K (3840 x 2160) at 23.98 fps [100 Mb/s]|
|XAVC S 8-Bit|
|1920 x 1080p at 100/120 fps [60 to 100 Mb/s]|
|1920 x 1080p at 50/59.94 fps [25 to 50 Mb/s]|
|1920 x 1080p at 25/29.97 fps [16 to 50 Mb/s]|
|1920 x 1080p at 23.98 fps [50 Mb/s]|
|XAVC S 10-Bit|
|1920 x 1080p at 23.98/25/29.97/50/59.94 fps [50 Mb/s]|
|XAVC S-I 10-Bit|
|3840 x 2160 at 59.94 fps [600 Mb/s]|
|3840 x 2160 at 50 fps [500 Mb/s]|
|3840 x 2160 at 29.97 fps [300 Mb/s]|
|3840 x 2160 at 25 fps [250 Mb/s]|
|3840 x 2160 at 23.98 fps [50 Mb/s]|
|1920 x 1080p at 59.94 fps [222 Mb/s]|
|1920 x 1080p at 50 fps [185 Mb/s]|
|1920 x 1080p at 29.97 fps [111 Mb/s]|
|1920 x 1080p at 25 fps [93 Mb/s]|
|1920 x 1080p at 23.98 fps [89 Mb/s]|
|Built-In Microphone Type||
|Media/Memory Card Slot||Single Slot: SD/SDHC/SDXC (UHS-II)|
|Video I/O||1 x Micro-HDMI (Unspecified Signal) Output|
|Audio I/O||1 x 1/8" / 3.5 mm TRS Stereo Microphone Input|
|1 x 1/8" / 3.5 mm TRS Stereo Headphone Output|
|Power I/O||1 x USB-C Input|
|Other I/O||1 x USB-C (USB 3.2 / 3.1 Gen 1)
Data Input/Output (Shared with Power Input)
|1 x Sony Multi/Micro-USB Control|
|Mobile App Compatible||Yes: Android & iOS|
Articulating Touchscreen LCD
Auto and Manual Focus
Automatic, Direct Manual Focus, Manual Focus
|Phase Detection: 759|
|Phase Detection: 627|
6 to +20 EV
|External Flash Connection||
32 to 104°F / 0 to 40°C
|Battery Type||1 x NP-FZ100 Rechargeable Lithium-Ion (Approx. 570 Shots)|
|Shoe Mount||1 x Intelligent Hot Shoe|
|Tripod Mounting Thread||1 x 1/4"-20 Female|
|Dimensions (W x H x D)||12.1 x 7.19 x 5.43 cm|
|Weight||0.399 kg (Body Only)|
|0.483 kg (With Battery, Recording Media)|
|SONY SONNAR T* FE 55mm F/1.8 ZA LENS|
|Lens Format Coverage||
|Angle of View||
|Minimum Focus Distance||
1.64' / 50 cm
7 Elements in 5 Groups
49 mm (Front)
|Dimensions (ø x L)||
6.452 x 7.061 cm
* Specifications subject to change by the manufacturer without notice
- Sony ZV-E1 Mirrorless Camera - White
- Rechargeable Battery NP-FZ100
- Shoulder strap
- Wind Screen
- Wind Screen Adaptor
- Body cap
- Accessory shoe cap
- Sony Sonnar T* FE 55mm f/1.8 ZA Lens
- Sony ALC-SH131 Lens Hood
- Sony ALC-F49S 49mm Front Lens Cap
- Sony ALC-R1EM Rear Lens Cap
- Lens Pouch