VisibleDust Vdust Plus
SKU code: 17083
- Cleans Water and Most Oil Stains
- Eliminates Streaks When Cleaning
- Provides Moderate Static Barrier
- Formulated to Protect Sensors
- Ideal for Green Sensor Swabs
- Cleans ITO/ non ITO Sensors
- Safe for All CSCs and DSLRs
For store pickup please contact us
If you are unsure as to the nature of your stain or you get both water and lubricant stains, VDust Plus™ will fit the bill perfectly. Designed to clean away water and most oil stains, VDust Plus™ eliminates streaking and provides a moderate static barrier.
If you have a stubborn stain on your sensor that won't go away then Smear Away™ is your answer. Specially formulated to protect your sensor as it cleans away oil and grit, Smear Away™ also provides an anti-static barrier to reduce further contamination. It is recommended to use Smear Away™ with VisibleDust MXD-100 (green) Sensor Swabs.
All of our solutions are safe on ITO and non ITO coated sensors.
VisibleDust liquid cleaners (Sensor Clean, VDust Plus and Smear Away) when used with VisibleDust Sensor Cleaning swabs are safe and effective on Interchangeable Lens Cameras such as CSCs and DSLRs.
Visibledust sensor cleaning solutions and swabs are calibrated to work together to produce optimal and safe results. Please DO NOT USE alternative solutions with our swab. A simple grain of quartz which is found in cheaper solutions are enough to produce an expensive scratch on the low pass filter. Our solutions are manufactured to the highest standard of quality that is practiced in pharmaceutical industries.
Visibledust solutions are calibrated for NORMAL evaporative rates:
- to keep the swab moist at all time to reduce the risk of scratch
- to increase the cleaning power, less swabbing more economical
- to reduce friction by being moist all time during swabbing
- The potential risk of FAST evaporative solutions used as sensor cleaning are the following:
- an increase in the risk of damage and stress to sensor coating by using premature dry swab
- a great reduction in cleaning power by shortening the contact time between contaminants and solution due to the increased evaporation rate of the solution
- increase in friction by using a premature drying swab, resulting in static charge build up leading to an even greater dust accumulation on the sensor
- Our cleaning liquids are intended to be placed on the swab first, so the concern for liquid seeping through the sensor is not valid or accurate. On the other hand, the disadvantages of a generic brand or FAST evaporative liquid used for sensor cleaning may in fact may cause damage to the sensor by requiring repeat swabbing and is not recommended.