Sony ZV-E1 Mirrorless Camera with FE 20-70mm f/4 G Lens - Black
SKU code: 50029
- 12.1 MP Exmor R CMOS Sensor
- Small Full-Frame Body
- BIONZ XR Processor with AI Processing Unit
- Strong Video Stabilization
- Cinematic Vlog Mode
- Framing Stabiliser and Auto Framing
- 4K 10-Bit 4:2:2 Video Recording with Log & S-Cinetone
- 759 Phase-detect AF Points
- Expanded Max ISO of 409600
- Full Compatibility with Sony Creators' App
- Full-Frame | f/4 to f/22
- Ultra-Wide Standard Zoom
- Fast Internal Focusing System
- Supports Micro-Step Aperture Control
- Fluorine Coatings
- Rounded 9-Blade Diaphragm
- Dust & Moisture-Resistant Construction
For store pickup please contact us
You May Also Like
Bags, Cases & Straps:
Tripods & Monopods:
Flashes & Lighting:
Cleaning & Maintenance:
Protection & Waterproof:
Viewfinder & LCD:
Cables & Connectivity:
1300 365 220
1300 365 220
1300 365 220
Sony ZV-E1: The Perfect Camera for Content Creators
We're thrilled to introduce the newest member of the Sony family: the Sony ZV-E1. This cutting-edge camera takes the extraordinary image quality and creative tools of the Alpha and Cinema Line range and tailors them to the needs of content creators. Small, powerful and incredibly intuitive, the ZV-E1 helps you bridge the gap between your creative vision and the final product.
With a 12.1 MP Exmor R CMOS sensor, BIONZ XR Processor with AI Processing Unit, and strong video stabilisation, the ZV-E1 offers exceptional video performance in the smallest-ever Sony full-frame body. Its Cinematic Vlog Mode, stabiliser, and auto framing make it possible to shoot without assistants or bulky additional gear making it ideal for cinematographers, vloggers and filmmakers.
Serious Content Creation, Made Simple
The Sony ZV-E1 takes the extraordinary image quality and creativity tools pioneered in the Alpha and Cinema Line range of cameras and reimagines them as the ultimate tool for today's emerging content creators. Small, powerful and remarkably intuitive to use, the ZV-E1 makes it easier than ever to remove the gap between your creative vision and the final product.
Thanks to the use of a full-frame image sensor, the ZV-E1 can offer both cinema-level expressive control and extraordinarily powerful production tools like Dynamic Active Stabilisation and Automatic Subject Framing, expanding the range of scenarios that can be shot without assistants or bulky additional gear. Not only can you do more with a single camera than ever before, but the ZV-E1 is also extraordinarily compact, weighing in more than 0.200Kg lighter than the Alpha 7SM3, and a half-kilo lighter than some competing full-frame models.
A Tiny Video Production Powerhouse
Inheriting the sensor, processor and core image processing pipeline of the Alpha 7S III and FX3 cameras, the ZV-E1 fits seamlessly into an existing Sony workflow or makes an ideal first step into serious full-frame video production. In addition, its compact size and clean silhouette make it ideal as a practical or crash camera on larger productions.
In addition to its outstanding core image quality and design, the ZV-E1 is compatible with Sony workflow tools like S-Log and enables users to upload custom LUTs to the camera for consistent results across multiple cameras.
Cinematic Vlog Mode
Cinematic Vlog Mode adjusts a wide host of camera settings to achieve a truly cinematic look, in-camera. S-Cinetone, 15+ in-camera presets and a 21:9 aspect ratio all contribute to the creation of a film quality that might otherwise require hours of work in post, all at the push of a button.
Powerful AI-based Features
The new Framing Stabiliser and the revolutionary Auto Framing tool open up a huge range of options for solo shooters and small crews, providing automatic tracking of subjects in the frame with deep customisation.
Dynamic Active Stabilisation
The ZV-E1's full-frame sensor is also used to enhance image stabilisation for situations where hardware stabilisation is impractical or not desired. Building upon the existing Active Stabilisation, Dynamic Active Stabilisation provides extraordinary levels of stabilisation, making it possible to capture footage in-camera that would previously have required a gimbal.
Improved Time Lapse Shooting
Incorporated into the ZV-E1's S&Q mode, the new Time Lapse feature allows the ZV-E1 to capture finished time-lapse movies in-camera, without the need for assembly in post. This feature combines powerfully with Dynamic Active Stabilisation for hyper-lapse-like effects.
Sony FE 20-70mm f/4 G Overview
A groundbreaking standard zoom lens for everyday use, the ultra-wide Sony FE 20-70mm f/4 G spans a popular and versatile range of focal lengths in a compact and lightweight form. Designed to accommodate new trends in shooting styles popular among vloggers and content creators, this ultra-wide to portrait-length zoom provides excellent edge-to-edge sharpness and outstanding image quality for all your imaging needs. Offering an expansive field of view to suit selfie, landscape, cityscape, and other wide-angle applications, this lens also offers fast, precise, and quiet autofocus performance as well as excellent close-up performance at all focal lengths.
G Lens Image Quality
Designed for demanding visual creators, this ultra-wide zoom offers no compromises regarding image quality, autofocus performance, or movie-making functionality.
- Engineered for use with full-frame Sony E-mount mirrorless cameras, the lens's constant f/4 maximum aperture maintains consistent illumination throughout the entire zoom range.
- Features a combination of three ED elements, two AA elements, one ED aspherical element, and one standard aspherical element to effectively eliminate chromatic and spherical aberrations while also rendering excellent edge-to-edge sharpness and Colour fidelity.
- Rounded 9-blade aperture provides deep, soft bokeh.
Enhanced Autofocus and Video Capabilities
Offering an enhanced feature set for both still photography and videography, the FE 20-70mm f/4 G lens delivers fast focusing performance, improved tracking, and a series of attributes specifically designed for videographers.
- Two XD (extreme dynamic) linear motors provide smooth, silent, and precise autofocus performance as well as improved tracking performance for photos and videos.
- Internal focusing system maintains the overall length of the lens and does not rotate the lens barrel while focusing, enhancing the use of circular polarizers and variable ND filters.
- Updated optical design effectively eliminates focus breathing, focus shift, and axial shift to prevent unwanted movements and angle of view variations during movie recording.
- Aperture ring with On/Off click switch and iris lock switch prevents the aperture ring from being accidentally moved between the f/4 and f/22 settings.
- Optimized for filming, the lens supports active mode image stabilization and micro-step aperture control for smooth and seamless video capture.
- Two programmable focus hold buttons and a focus mode switch for intuitive focus control.
- Minimum focusing distance of 9.8" with excellent close-up performance at all focal lengths.
Handling and Design
- Compact and lightweight, this highly-versatile ultra-wide standard zoom offers a unique and expansive field of view for everyday shooting.
- Hybrid construction uses both metal and plastic components to maximize both durability and a low weight design.
- Fluorine coating on front lens element repels water, dust, fingerprints, and other contaminants while also making it easier to clean the front of the lens.
- Dust and moisture-resistant design includes a rubber ring to seal the lens mount for working in inclement weather conditions.
Effective: 12.9 Megapixel (4240 x 2832)
35.6 x 23.8 mm (Full-Frame) CMOS
Stills & Video
Electronic Shutter, Mechanical Focal Plane Shutter
1/8000 to 30 Second
|1/8000 to 1 Second in Movie Mode|
|80 to 102,400 (Extended: 80 to 409,600)|
Center-Weighted Average, Highlight Weighted, Multiple, Spot
3 to 20 EV
|STILL IMAGE CAPTURE|
|12 MP (4240 x 2832)|
|5.1 MP (2768 x 1848)|
|3 MP (2128 x 1416)|
|Image File Format||
HEIF, JPEG, Raw
|Internal Recording Modes||
XAVC HS 4:2:0 10-Bit
|UHD 4K (3840 x 2160) at 50/59.94 fps [45 to 150 Mb/s]|
|UHD 4K (3840 x 2160) at 23.98 fps [30 to 100 Mb/s]|
|XAVC HS 4:2:2 10-Bit|
|3840 x 2160 at 50/59.94 fps [100 to 200 Mb/s]|
|3840 x 2160 at 23.98 fps [50 to 100 Mb/s]|
|XAVC S 4:2:2 8-Bit|
|UHD 4K (3840 x 2160) at 50/59.94 fps [100 to 200 Mb/s]|
|UHD 4K (3840 x 2160) at 25/29.97 fps [140 Mb/s]|
|UHD 4K (3840 x 2160) at 23.98 fps [100 Mb/s]|
|XAVC S 8-Bit|
|1920 x 1080p at 100/120 fps [60 to 100 Mb/s]|
|1920 x 1080p at 50/59.94 fps [25 to 50 Mb/s]|
|1920 x 1080p at 25/29.97 fps [16 to 50 Mb/s]|
|1920 x 1080p at 23.98 fps [50 Mb/s]|
|XAVC S 10-Bit|
|1920 x 1080p at 23.98/25/29.97/50/59.94 fps [50 Mb/s]|
|XAVC S-I 10-Bit|
|3840 x 2160 at 59.94 fps [600 Mb/s]|
|3840 x 2160 at 50 fps [500 Mb/s]|
|3840 x 2160 at 29.97 fps [300 Mb/s]|
|3840 x 2160 at 25 fps [250 Mb/s]|
|3840 x 2160 at 23.98 fps [50 Mb/s]|
|1920 x 1080p at 59.94 fps [222 Mb/s]|
|1920 x 1080p at 50 fps [185 Mb/s]|
|1920 x 1080p at 29.97 fps [111 Mb/s]|
|1920 x 1080p at 25 fps [93 Mb/s]|
|1920 x 1080p at 23.98 fps [89 Mb/s]|
|Built-In Microphone Type||
|Media/Memory Card Slot||
Single Slot: SD/SDHC/SDXC (UHS-II)
|Video I/O||1 x Micro-HDMI (Unspecified Signal) Output|
|Audio I/O||1 x 1/8" / 3.5 mm TRS Stereo Microphone Input|
|1 x 1/8" / 3.5 mm TRS Stereo Headphone Output|
|Power I/O||1 x USB-C Input|
|Other I/O||1 x USB-C (USB 3.2 / 3.1 Gen 1) Data Input/Output (Shared with Power Input)|
|1 x Sony Multi/Micro-USB Control|
|Mobile App Compatible||Yes: Android & iOS|
Articulating Touchscreen LCD
Auto and Manual Focus
Automatic, Direct Manual Focus, Manual Focus
|Phase Detection: 759|
|Phase Detection: 627|
6 to +20 EV
|External Flash Connection||
32 to 104°F / 0 to 40°C
|Battery Type||1 x NP-FZ100 Rechargeable Lithium-Ion (Approx. 570 Shots)|
|Shoe Mount||1 x Intelligent Hot Shoe|
|Tripod Mounting Thread||1 x 1/4"-20 Female|
|Dimensions (W x H x D)||12.1 x 7.19 x 5.43 cm|
|Weight||0.399 kg (Body Only)|
|0.483 kg (With Battery, Recording Media)|
|SONY FE 20-70mm F/4 G LENS|
|Lens Format Coverage||
|Angle of View||
|Minimum Focus Distance||
9.8" / 25 cm
16 Elements in 13 Groups
72 mm (Front)
|Dimensions (ø x L)||
7.87 x 9.9 cm
* Specifications subject to change by the manufacturer without notice
- Sony ZV-E1 Mirrorless Camera - Black
- Rechargeable Battery NP-FZ100
- Shoulder strap
- Wind Screen
- Wind Screen Adaptor
- Body cap
- Accessory shoe cap
- Sony FE 20-70mm f/4 G Lens (Sony E)
- Front Lens Cap
- Rear Lens cap
- Lens Hood
This product comes with a
12month Australian warranty
from Sony Australia
Want to read more about warranties?
Add extra protection for peace of mind
One Year Warranty
Two Year Warranty