Rode NTG-3 Shotgun Microphone
SKU code: 11306
- Designed to withstand adverse environmental conditions
- 50% less self-noise than the majority of shotgun microphones
- True condenser (externally RF biased)
- Extremely low handling noise
- High level of immunity to radio frequency broadcast
- Superior broadcast sound quality
- Weather resistant aluminium storage cylinder included
Free Shipping On Orders Above $49
For store pickup please contact us
You May Also Like
Bags, Cases & Straps:
Tripods & Monopods:
Cleaning & Maintenance:
Cables & Connectivity:
Requires optional Rode Shock Mount #SM-3 for mounting to video cameras with standard hot shoe.
In addition to its robust properties the NTG-3 combines very low weight (163g), a durable anti-glare finish and incredibly low handling and self-noise (13dBA) to become RØDE’s premier A/V microphone.
Shotgun microphones have a narrow ‘pick-up’ angle or polar response, and so can be used to great effect with cameras for news gathering, wedding videos, sporting events or in any situation where you want to focus on a particular area of sound source without having your audio overpowered by ambient noise.
The pick-up pattern of the NTG-3 has been tailored to be slightly wider and therefore more directionally forgiving than comparable shotgun microphones on the market. This makes boompole and handheld operation much easier.
Videomaker 2008 'Best Mic' winner!
When not in use the NTG-3 can be stored away in the included weather resistant aluminium storage cylinder, providing additional protection when travelling and storing the microphone.
Note: The NTG-3 requires power to operate. This needs to be supplied via P48V phantom power supply which is available from most professional video cameras or mixing consoles.
- If the mixer or preamp does not contain this phantom power requirement, then an external phantom power supply is needed.
- Some phantom power supplies do not supply the voltage at which they are rated. If the required voltage is not supplied, the dynamic range and general performance of the microphone will be reduced.
- We strongly suggest the use of a reputable high quality power supply. Damage caused by a faulty power supply is not covered by the warranty.
|Power||P48 (48V) phantom supply|
|Acoustic Principle||Line Gradient|
|Directional Pattern||Super Cardioid|
|Frequency range||40 Hz - 20 kHz|
|Signal noise ratio||81 dB SPL (A - weighted per IEC651)|
|Equivalent noise||13 dB SPL (A - weighted per IEC651)|
|Maximum SPL||130dB SPL (@ 1kHz, 1% THD into 1KO load)|
|Maximum output voltage||8.2dBu (@ 1kHz, 1% THD into 1KO load)|
|Sensitivity||-30 dB re 1 Volt/Pascal (31.6 mV @ 94 dB SPL) +/- 2 dB @ 1kHz|
|Output Connection||3-pin XLR|
|Dimensions||255mmH x 19mmW x 19mmD|
* Specifications subject to change by the manufacturer without notice