The TZ90 is a super compact travel camera that offers a massive 30x zoom range as well as a 180° tilting LCD screen with touch focus capabilities that is perfect for selfies. It’s 20.3 megapixel MOS image sensor captures high quality images as well as 4K video along that allows the camera to make full use of Panasonic’s versatile 4K Photo and 4K Post Focus shooting modes. The ultra-zoom ability is complemented by the camera’s 5-axis Hybrid O.I.S stabilisation system to ensure you can capture the best shots with confidence while on holiday or exploring the globe.
20.3 Megapixel MOS Image Sensor
Using a 20.3 megapixel MOS sensor the TZ90 captures stunning images with rich detail. Higher resolution sensors can produce larger prints meaning your holiday snaps can be turned into large 12x18 posters to show off to your friends and family.
180° Flip Touchscreen
With a flip screen that rotates 180° the camera can capture a range of unique angles and is perfect for video bloggers and selfie queens. The screen is touch sensitive so you can easily choose the focus of your shot and the flip-up design helps you unlock creative low angle shooting perspectives.
Capture the Perfect Selfie
The camera can take picture perfect portraits, as soon as you flip the monitor the camera switches to Self-Shot Mode to make selfies easier. A face shutter mode allows you to trigger the camera by just waving your hand in-front of your face, while a buddy shutter mode takes a shot when the camera detects two faces side-by-side. There is also a panorama selfie mode that captures wide landscapes scenes with you and your friends in the centre.
30x Optical Zoom
In order to give you the flexibility to capture any moment whether it’s close or far away the TZ90 offers an incredible 30x zoom range. The Leica lens boasts a lightweight telescopic design that adds very little bulk to your bag but gives you an astounding ability to zoom in to capture distant detail, perfect for safari holidays, concerts and sporting events.
5-Axis Optical Stabilisation
Perfectly matched with the compact camera’s zoom range is the 5-axis optical image stabilisation which lets you hand shoot even when the camera is maxed out zoomed to the end of its focal range. With the Level Shot function the camera detects horizons and compensates to ensure that you can capture a flat, even shot.
4K Video Capable
The latest advancement in video technology is 4K video which captures up to 4 times the resolution of Full HD footage. This means you can experience the best quality when viewing your video on a 4K television but more importantly you can downscale the footage to produce ultra-sharp Full HD video.
4K Photo, Post-Focus and Focus Stacking
Panasonic 4K cameras come with some fantastic unique features, like 4K photo mode which captures 8-megapixel stills up to 30 times a second, ideal to capture fast moving subjects. The 4K post focus function takes a picture at all possible focus points so you can focus after you’ve taken the shot or even stack the focus points together to get everything in shot sharp and clear, ideal for up-close macro photography.
The camera is compatible with the Panasonic Image App, which allows you to use your mobile device as a live-view remote, as well as transfer images so you can share them quickly and easily with friends and followers.
High Resolution Viewfinder
Designed to make it easier to compose your shots in bright, sunny conditions the Panasonic Lumix TZ-90 has an 1166k-dot Electronic Viewfinder with an automatic eye sensor that turns the LCD screen off to save power when using the viewfinder. The viewfinder makes it easier to capture the shots you want and puts you in complete control of your compositions.
f = 4.3 - 129mm/(24 - 720mm in 35mm equiv. in 4:3)/(25 - 750mm in 35mm equiv. in 3:2)/(26 - 780mm in 35mm equiv. in 16:9)/(28 - 840mm in 35mm equiv. in 1:1)/(35 - 1050mm in 35mm equiv. in 4K PHOTO recording)/(35 - 1050mm in 35mm equiv. in 4K video recording)/(26 - 780mm in 35mm equiv. in 16:9 video recording / O.I.S. Off / Level Shot function Off)/(28 - 840mm in 35mm equiv. in 16:9 video recording / O.I.S. On / Level Shot function Off)/(30 - 900mm in 35mm equiv. in 16:9 video recording / O.I.S. On / Level Shot function On)
Extra Optical Zoom (EZ)
41.8x (4:3 / 10M (M)), 59.2x (4:3 / 5M (S))
LEICA DC VARIO-ELMAR/12 elements in 9 groups/(5 Aspherical Lenses / 10 Aspherical surfaces)
Optical Image Stabiliser
5-Axis HYBRID O.I.S. +*/* 5-Axis compensation works in video recording except for 4K video or high-speed video recording.
Max. 4x (When Digital Zoom is used simultaneously with Intelligent Zoom, you can only increase the zoom ratio up to 2x.)
Normal: Wide 50 cm - infinity / Tele 200 cm - infinity/AF Macro / MF / Intelligent Auto / Motion Picture: Wide 3 cm - infinity / Tele 200 cm - infinity
AF Assist Lamp
Yes (On / Off)
AF / AF Macro / Macro Zoom * Each available with AFS (Single) / AFF (Flexible) / AFC (Continuous)/Quick AF, Continuous AF (during motion picture recording), Touch AF/AE Function, Touch Shutter, Eye Sensor AF, Touch Pad AF, MF Assist, Touch MF Assist, AF+MF, Focus Peaking, One Shot AF (Set the Fn button in custom menu to AF-ON), Low Light AF
Face/Eye Detection / Tracking / 49-area / Custom Multi / 1-area / Pinpoint/(Full area touch is available)
・ The software to process RAW file on PC is not bundled with this camera. To do this, SILKYPIX Developer Studio is available for download at Ichikawa Soft Laboratory's website using PC connected to the Internet./・ The Operating Instructions for advanced features is available for downloaded at Panasonic LUMIX Customer Support Site using PC, smartphone or tablet connected to the Internet./・ The software for PC is not bundled with this camera. Please use the software pre-installed to the PC or other general image viewing software to browse pictures.
Recording conditions by CIPA standard
- Temperature: 23 oC (73.4 oF) / Humidity: 50%RH when monitor is on.
- Using a Panasonic SDHC Memory Card
- Using the supplied battery.
- Starting recording 30 seconds after the camera is turned on. (When the optical image stabilizer function is set to [ON].)
- Recording once every 30 seconds with full flash every second recording.
- Rotating the zoom lever from Tele to Wide or vice versa in every recording.
- The number of recordable pictures varies depending on the recording interval time.
- If the recording interval time becomes longer, the number of recordable pictures decreases.
- CIPA is an abbreviation of [Camera & Imaging Products Association].
- Use a card with SD Speed Class with "Class 4" or higher when recording motion pictures.
- Use a card with SD Speed Class with "UHS-I Speed Class 3 (U3)" when recording motion pictures with [MP4] in [4K] or [4K PHOTO]. (SD speed class is the speed standard regarding continuous writing.)
- Recording stops when the continuous recording time exceeds 29 minutes and 59 seconds with [AVCHD].
- Recording stops when the continuous recording time exceeds 15 minutes with [MP4] in [4K].
- When using an SDHC memory card: You can continue recording without interruption even if the file size exceeds 4 GB, but the motion picture file will be divided and recorded/played back separately.
- When using an SDXC memory card: You can record a motion picture in a single file.
- Recording stops when the continuous recording time exceeds 29 minutes and 59 seconds with [MP4] in [FHD] [HD] and High Speed motion pictures.
You can continue recording without interruption even if the file size exceeds 4 GB, but the motion picture file will be divided and recorded/played back separately.
- These are standard times taken at a temperature of 23 oC (73.4 oF) and a humidity of 50%RH.
- The time available for recording varies depending on the environment, the interval between recordings, and the manner of use.
- Actual recordable time is the time available for recording when repeating actions such as switching the power supply [ON] / [OFF], starting/stopping recording, zoom operation etc.
For [4K] video output, use an HDMI cable that has the HDMI logo on it, and that is described as"4K compatible".
* Specifications subject to change by the manufacturer without notice