The introduction of the Panasonic FZ2500 builds on the success of the previous FZ1000 model and steps up its features. It offers a comprehensive range of options designed for advanced enthusiasts and professionals making it perfect for both photography and film-making.
20 x Optical Leica Zoom
With a 24-480mm (35mm equivalent) lens that offers a zoom range equal to a traditional 3-lens DSLR setup, the FZ2500 allows you a massive amount of framing versatility. You can capture a wide establishing shot of a scene and then zoom in for a close-up to shoot a dramatic reaction all with the simple flick of the conveniently placed lens barrel zoom button.
Advanced Video Formats
The camera offers cutting-edge 4K video options to open even more creative opportunities. As well as QFHD 4K which offers 3840x2160 pixels the camera shoots Cinema 4K which consists of 4096x2160 pixels for even higher resolution. Full HD video is also available at 200Mbps (ALL-Intra) or 100Mbps (IPB) with no limit on recording duration so each second packs in more video and pixel data to provide super high quality footage.
Built-in Video Features
Designed to provide enhanced video control the camera provides a range of different video features to help to tell with your visual story telling.
Neutral Density Filter An integrated neutral density filter system with four options, -4EV, -2EV and -6EV as well as an automatic setting allows you to reduces the light while shooting video. That means you can open up the lens aperture to compensate achieving a shallow depth of field for an enhanced blurry background effect, even in bright situations.
Smooth Iris Changes The lens has been designed with enhanced technology to enables super smooth iris control to makes sure that transitions between aperture values are smooth rather than the traditional hard light drops DSLR and mirrorless cameras deliver.
Smooth Zoom Changes Featuring an interior zoom structure, the lens system of the camera uses a guide-pole mechanism to provide smooth stable zoom adjustments so you can modify you zoom while filming and still capture usable footage. A coreless DC motor enables gentle constantly zooming while providing seamless focus length changes.
Diverse Audio Function Anyone who makes films knows how important it is to have high quality audio to tell a story effectively the FZ2500 has both a 3.5mm microphone jack so you can add in a high performance microphone as well as a headphone port so you can monitor the sounds levels, these features are essential to capturing high quality audio.
20.1 Megapixel Image Quality
Boasting a 1-inch 20.1 megapixel MOS sensor makes it is possible to shoot at higher ISO sensitivities and still produce clean images with the FZ2500. While the 9-bladed aperture provides a stunning soft bokeh effect enabling you to separate your subject from the background to enhance your scene composition.
One Shot AF, Shutter AF, Half Press Release, Quick AF, AF Sensitivity, Continuous AF (during motion picture recording), Eye Sensor AF, AF+MF, MF Assist, Touch MF Assist, Focus Peaking, Touch AF/AE Function, Touch Pad AF, Touch Shutter, Low Light AF, Starlight AF
Light metering mode
Multiple / Center Weighted / Spot
Program AE, Aperture Priority AE, Shutter Priority AE, Manual
ISO sensitivity (Standard output sensitivity)
Auto / Intelligent ISO / 80* / 100* / 125 / 200 / 400 / 800 / 1600 / 3200 / 6400 / 12800 / 25600* * Extended ISO
(Changeable to 1/3 EV step) (ISO Auto in M mode)
Auto / 125 / 200 / 400 / 800 / 1600 / 3200 / 6400
(Changeable to 1/3 EV step)
1/3 EV step ±5EV (±3EV for motion picture)
Yes (AF/AE LOCK button)
Auto / Daylight / Cloudy / Shade / Incandescent / Flash / White Set 1, 2, 3, 4 / Colour temperature setting 1, 2, 3, 4
*Except for Monochrome mode. **For Monochrome mode only.
Expressive / Retro / Old Days / High Key / Low Key / Sepia / Monochrome / Dynamic Monochrome / Rough Monochrome* / Silky Monochrome* / Impressive Art / High Dynamic / Cross Process / Toy Effect / Toy Pop / Bleach Bypass / Miniature Effect / Soft Focus* / Fantasy / Star Filter* / One Point Colour / Sunshine* *Photo only.
CREATIVE VIDEO MODE
Program AE/ Aperture-Priority / Sutter-Priority / Manual Exposure
137.6 x 101.9 x 134.7 mm / 5.42 x 4.01 x 5.30 inch (excluding protrusions)
Approx. 966g / 2.13 lb (SD card, Battery, Body)
Approx. 915g / 2.02 lb (Body only)
0oC to 40oC (32oF to 104oF)
10%RH to 80％RH
・ The software to edit and playback images on computer is not bundled with DMC-FZ2500. To do this, PHOTOfunSTUDIO is available for download at Panasonic website using computer connected to the Internet. http://panasonic.jp/support/global/cs/soft/download/d_pfs99pe.html (For Windows) ・ The software to process RAW file on computer is not bundled with DMC-FZ2500. To do this, SILKYPIX Developer Studio is available for download at Ichikawa Soft Laboratory's website using computer connected to the Internet. http://www.isl.co.jp/SILKYPIX/english/p/ (For Windows / Mac)
・ The DMC-FZ2500 Operating Instructions for advanced features is available for downloaded at Panasonic LUMIX Customer Support Site using PC, smartphone or tablet connected to the Internet.
* About motion picture recording / 4K PHOTO recording
- Use a card with SD Speed Class with "Class 4" or higher when recording motion pictures.
- Use a card with SD Speed Class with "UHS-I Speed Class 3 (U3)" when recording motion pictures in [4K/100Mbps] [C4K/100Mbps] [FHD/100Mbps] [FHD/200Mbps] or [4K PHOTO].
- Use a card with SD Speed Class with "UHS-I Speed Class 1 (U1)" or higher when recording motion pictures in [FHD/50Mbps].
- Use a card with SD Speed Class with "Class 4" or higher when recording motion pictures in [FHD/28Mbps].
(SD speed class is the speed standard regarding continuous writing.)
- MP4 motion pictures with [MP4] in [4K]:
- When using an SDHC memory card: You can continue recording without interruption even if the file size exceeds 4 GB, but the motion picture file will be divided and recorded/played back separately.
- When using an SDXC memory card: You can continue recording without interruption even if the file size exceeds 96 GB or 3 hours 4 minutes in length, but the motion picture file will be divided and recorded/played back separately.
- MP4 motion pictures with [MP4] in [FHD] [HD]:
- You can continue recording without interruption even if the file size exceeds 4 GB or 30 minutes in length, but the motion picture file will be divided and recorded/played back separately.
- When the ambient temperature is high or continuous recording is performed, the camera may stop the recording to protect itself. Wait until the camera cools down.
- These are standard times taken at a temperature of 23 oC (73.4 oF) and a humidity of 50%RH.
- The time available for recording varies depending on the environment, the interval between recordings, and the manner of use.
- Actual recordable time is the time available for recording when repeating actions such as switching the power supply [ON] / [OFF], starting/stopping recording, zoom operation etc.
For [4K] or [C4K] video output, use an HDMI cable that has the HDMI logo on it, and that is described as"4K compatible".
Recording conditions by CIPA standard
- Temperature: 23 oC (73.4 oF) / Humidity: 50%RH when monitor is on.
- Using a Panasonic SDHC Memory Card
- Using the supplied battery.
- Starting recording 30 seconds after the camera is turned on. (When the optical image stabiliser function is set to [ON].)
- Recording once every 30 seconds with full flash every second recording.
- Rotating the zoom lever from Tele to Wide or vice versa in every recording.
- The number of recordable pictures varies depending on the recording interval time.
- If the recording interval time becomes longer, the number of recordable pictures decreases.
- CIPA is an abbreviation of [Camera & Imaging Products Association].
* Specifications subject to change by the manufacturer without notice