Panasonic Lumix GH4/GH5/FZ2500 VLog Firmware Update - DMW-SFU1
SKU code: 30702
- LUMIX GH4/GH5/FZ2500 Function Enhancement for Professional Videographers
- 12 stops of Dynamic Range
- 10 bit to External Media Recording
- Makes colour Grading Easier with Improved Compatibility
- V-Log / V-Log L Similar Characteristic to Cineon
Free Shipping On Orders Above $99
For store pickup please contact us
In response to the demand from the film production market, log video recording (V-Log L) offers exceptional flexibility as well as wider dynamic range for colour grading in your post-production process.
V-Log / V-Log L were developed to feature similar characteristics to Cineon, which is a characteristic curve for film digitalization. Taking full advantage of Four Thirds sensor, V-Log L boasts a log characteristic with 12 stops of dynamic range.
1. Purchase the V-Log Firmware Update Kit.
2. Apply update to a fully charged LUMIX GH4 or GH5 with firmware Version 2.4 from the Global Joint Update Service. Click here to download.
3. Export the camera’s serial number to an SD Memory Card (sold separately) by inserting the SD card into the camera and press [Menu] -> [Setup] -> [Activate] -> [Export Serial Code] to save serial code as "SERIAL.LST" file.
4. Upload the SERIAL.LST file by inserting the SD card into your computer. From the Update Portal Web Page use BROWSE to find and select "SERIAL.LST" file on the SD card. "SERIAL.LST" is saved in folder of PRIVATE > PANA_GRP > PAVC > LUMIX > ACTV > "SERIAL.LST then press [Upload] to proceed.
5. Input "Key Code" from the kit you purchased in "Upgrade Software Key" to this website to get activation code. [Alphabet on key code must be capital letter to input. Please be careful with misspelling such as 1 (one) and I ( big letter of "i") or 0 (zero) and O ( big letter of "o") Please input key without hyphen (-). ] Click Register
ACTIVE.LST should auto download from the site. Save this file to the SD card in the folder PRIVATE > PANA_GRP > PAVC > LUMIX > ACTV.
Insert the SD card into the same fully charged LUMIX GH4/GH5 and press [Menu] -> [Setup] -> [Activate] -> [Import Activation Code]
When prompted power cycle the camera. You will find your new V-LOG L feature under the Menu “Photo Style”.
Please note: This kit does not come with an SD card. Each update works with one camera unit only.