VisibleDust DHAP Super Soft Fabric 1.0x Full Frame Sensor Swab
SKU code: 17064
- Double layer High Absorbency Fabric
- Cleans Delicate Space Telescopes
- Woven Non-Shedding Fabric
- Soft Edge and High Absorbency Capacity
- Reduces Streaks When Cleaning
- Swabs Ideally used with VDust Plus
- 12 Per Pack
For store pickup please contact us
Compatible only with VDust Plus™ . the specially developed mini-channel design provides an even saturation of the paddles surface while preventing pooling and vertical flow at the edge. This reduces streaks associated with traditional flat surface paddles. The mini-channels also provide the extra reservoir to absorb the excessive liquid and prolonging the moisture life of the swab during the cleaning process. 12 per pack.
Select from 1.6x (16mm), 1.3x (20mm) or 1.0x (24mm) swab sizes using the drop-down menu above.
Please click here to determine the correct swab size for your particular camera.
The difference between DXM-100 (Green) and DHAP (Orange) swabs is the type of fabric used in assembly. The
Green swabs are compatible with all of Visible Dust sensor cleaning solutions, so when in doubt purchase the green. If you prefer to clean with isopropyl alcohol, then purchase the Orange swabs. Orange swabs also work best with VDust™ Plus.
Visibledust sensor cleaning solutions and swabs are calibrated to work together to produce optimal and safe results. Please DO NOT USE alternative solutions with our swab. A simple grain of quartz which is found in cheaper solutions are enough to produce an expensive scratch on the low pass filter. Our solutions are manufactured to the highest standard of quality that is practiced in pharmaceutical industries.
Visibledust solutions are calibrated for NORMAL evaporative rates:
1. to keep the swab moist at all time to reduce the risk of scratch
2. to increase the cleaning power, less swabbing more economical
3. to reduce friction by being moist all time during swabbing
The potential risk of FAST evaporative solutions used as sensor cleaning are the following:
1. an increase in the risk of damage and stress to sensor coating by using premature dry swab
2. a great reduction in cleaning power by shortening the contact time between contaminants and solution due to the increased evaporation rate of the solution
3. increase in friction by using a premature drying swab, resulting in static charge build up leading to an even greater dust accumulation on the sensor
Our cleaning liquids are intended to be placed on the swab first, so the concern for liquid seeping through the sensor is not valid or accurate. On the other hand, the disadvantages of a generic brand or FAST evaporative liquid used for sensor cleaning may in fact may cause damage to the sensor by requiring repeat swabbing and is not recommended.