Nikon AF-S 105mm f/1.4E ED Lens
SKU code: 33616
- 105mm Focal Length (157.5mm on APS-C DSLR)
- Ultra-fast f/1.4 Aperture
- Silent Wave Motor Autofocus
- 3 ED Glass Elements
- Nano Coating
- Water Repellent Fluorine Coating
Nikon AF-S NIKKOR 105mm f/1.4E ED
Unlock a new realm of possibilities with the AF-S NIKKOR 105mm f/1.4E ED Lens from Nikon. This incredibly bright portrait-length lens is designed for FX-format F-mount DSLRs and features a maximum aperture of f/1.4, allowing you to work in low-light conditions and gain extensive control over focus for shallow depth of field imagery. The optical design utilises extra-low dispersion glass to minimise chromatic aberrations and colour fringing, while a Nano Crystal Coat has been applied to reduce flare and ghosting in strong lighting. With the combination of the 105mm focal length and fast maximum aperture, portrait photographers and event shooters alike can take advantage of a range of unique possibilities.
Balancing the optical attributes, the lens is also characterized by a Silent Wave Motor that produces fast, smooth, and quiet autofocus capabilities, along with the ability to manually override focus at any time for more selective control. An electromagnetic diaphragm is also featured for greater exposure control stability that is especially beneficial when working with faster continuous shooting rates.
- Short telephoto prime lens is designed for FX-format Nikon F-mount cameras, however can also be used on DX models where it provides a 157.5mm equivalent focal length.
- Awesomely fast f/1.4 maximum aperture enables precise control over depth of field when working with selective focus techniques, and also benefits working in low-light conditions.
- Three extra-low dispersion glass elements are used in the optical construction to reduce a variety of chromatic aberrations for a high degree of clarity and color neutrality.
- A Nano Crystal Coat has been applied to lens elements to minimize surface and internal reflections for a marked reduction in lens flare and ghosting.
- Fluorine coating on exposed elements affords protection to the optical system.
- Silent Wave Motor affords quick, quiet, and precise autofocus performance along with full-time manual focus override. An internal focusing design is also used, where only the internal lens groups are moved during focusing, to maintain the overall length of the lens during use and to promote faster focusing speeds.
- Rounded nine-blade diaphragm contributes to a pleasing bokeh quality.
- Specialized electromagnetic aperture mechanism provides greater exposure control stability that is especially beneficial when working with fast continuous shooting rates.
This mechanism limits the compatibility of this lens to the following cameras: D5, D4, D3 series, Df, D850, D810, D810A, D800/E, D750, D700, D610, D600, D500, D300/S, D7500, D7200, D7100, D7000, D5600, D5500, D5300, D5200, D5100, D5000, D3400, D3300, D3200, D3100, Nikon Z7/Z6 with FTZ, Nikon 1 J1, J2, J3, J4 with FT-1, Nikon 1 V1, V2, V3 with FT-1, and Nikon 1 S1, S2 with FT-1.
|Lens Format Coverage
|Angle of View
|Minimum Focus Distance
3.28' / 1 m
14 Elements in 9 Groups
82 mm (Front)
|Dimensions (ø x L)
9.45 x 10.6 cm
* Specifications subject to change by the manufacturer without notice
- Nikon AF-S NIKKOR 105mm f/1.4E ED Lens
- 82mm Front Lens Cap
- Rear Lens Cap (LF-4)
- Lens Hood (HB-79)
- Soft Lens Case (CL1218)