Sony Magic Gate Memory Stick Pro 1gb
Memory Stick Pro is not compatible with some older models of Sony digital cameras. Check your camera's specifications before purchasing.
Memory Stick PRO has the same form factor as the original Memory Stick but with twice the number of connectors as the original.
• Capacities of 256 MB, 512 MB and 1 GB
• Double the number of connectors as original
• Compatible with several existing devices
• Write speed of 15 Mbit/sec (1.8 MB/sec)
• Access control using Magic Gate
Jointly developed with SanDisk Corporation, the new generation of memory cards features high capacity, high-speed data transfer, high-level security and future expandability. The Memory Stick PRO format-enabled devices with high-speed data transfer capabilities can reach unparalleled levels of performance, such as real-time recording of high-resolution moving images.
"Memories, not just information, are stored on these tiny media cards. Sony developed Memory Stick PRO format together with SanDisk to ensure that those memories can be captured quickly and abundantly," said Mark Viken, senior vice president of the Information Technology Products Division at Sony Electronics. "In much the way that DVD takes up where CD left off, Memory Stick PRO format builds upon the foundation of the popular standard Memory Stick platform."
The Memory Stick PRO format integrates new technologies and features including:
- High Capacity - On a 1GB card, users can enjoy and record approximately:
- 16 CDs (calculated at 64MB per CD)
- 385 JPEG images in 5.0-megapixel quality, more than 10 rolls of 24/36 film.
- 24 minutes of DVD quality video (MPEG2)
- Six hours of MPEG4 (384Kbps) moving images
High Speed - In addition to an improved transfer speed of up to 160 megabits per second (Mbps), an advantage of the Memory Stick PRO format is the minimum write speed of 15Mbps that can be realized with optimized Memory Stick PRO format-compatible devices.
Real-time Recording - Memory Stick PRO technology also incorporates software specifically designed to offer real-time recording of data. With compatible devices, users can now rest assured that their memory cards and more importantly, the content on the card, will not be compromised when they accidentally remove the card before all of the data has been transferred or recorded.