Canon EF 8-15mm f/4L USM Fisheye Lens
SKU code: 16843
- Canon L-series Quality Optics
- 180° Diagonal Angle of View
- Ultra Sonic Motor (USM) Autofocus
- Ultra-low Dispersion (UD) Glass
- Sub Wavelength Structure Coating (SWC)
- Circular to Full-frame Images
- Protective Fluorine Coating
- Zoom-lock Mechanism
Bundle and save by adding a Canon EOS camera to your purchase, discounts apply via our call centre or live chat - Contact us now 1300 365 220
Canon EF 8-15 mm f/4L Fisheye USM Lens
The Canon EF 8-15 mm f/4L Fisheye USM Lens is an L-type fisheye zoom lens that goes beyond the ordinary. It's the world's first real fisheye zoom lens that can be used as a circular fisheye and full-frame fisheye for full size, and as a full-frame fisheye for APS-C/H sizes. With its excellent dust and waterproofing characteristics, high durability and quality, this is an ultra-high performance fisheye zoom lens.
- Equisolid angle projection fisheye zoom lens
- Newly designed 2 group zoom optical system.
- Achieves a fisheye lens with three differing imaging elements
- Full size: circular fisheye to full-frame fisheye; APS-C & APS-H: full-frame fisheye to ultra-wide (with distortion aberration)
- Uses a UD lens and an aspheric lens to ensure high-quality images with the highest levels of image resolution
- Highly resistant to dust and water intrusion, enabling shooting even in harsh conditions
- Manual focusing enabled even during AF mode (full-time mechanical manual focus)
When the EF 8-15mm f/4L Fisheye is paired with Canon's full-frame DSLR bodies, such as the EOS 5D Mark II or the EOS-1Ds Mark III, professional photographers can choose to capture circular or full-frame fisheye images, allowing them to view a scene in a completely new and unique way. This new level of choice provides enhanced creative flexibility when shooting scenes such as the night sky, where the full 180º horizontal and vertical fields of view (FOV) allow every detail to be captured with incredible clarity in one single image.
When used with EOS bodies featuring APS-C or APS-H sensors, the EF 8-15mm f/4L Fisheye USM produces a more traditional, full frame fisheye view. A zoom-lock mechanism on the lens body allows the range to be limited to the focal length that ensures the best possible full-frame view without unsightly vignetting around the edge. 'C' and 'H' markings can be found next to the zoom operation ring, indicating the wide-angle zoom position where vignette-free shooting is possible with either sensor, allowing photographers to achieve optimum results with any EOS body.
The EF 8-15mm f/4L Fisheye USM showcases over 70 years of Canon's optical engineering heritage, boasting 14 lens elements in 11 different groups, including one aspherical and one Ultra-low Dispersion (UD) element to correct chromatic aberration and produce high-quality, high-contrast shots with excellent colour reproduction.
Ghosting and flare caused by strong light sources can be a particular challenge when shooting at such a wide angle, and, in order to counteract these artefacts, all lens elements have been covered with Canon's Super Spectra Coating. The inner surface of the front element also features Canon's SubWavelength Structure Coating (SWC), which uses tiny cone-like structures, shorter than the wavelength of visible light on the surface of the lens element, to gradually slow light down until it is at the same speed as it travels through glass, removing the risk of flare occurring before the light reaches the sensor.
To maintain optimum image quality, the front and rear lens elements also feature a Fluorine Coating which actively repels water, dust and dirt, making it easier to clean the lens and leaving it unobstructed by particles.
8 to 15mm
|Lens Format Coverage
|Angle of View
180° to 175° 30'
|Minimum Focus Distance
5.91" / 15 cm
14 Elements in 11 Groups
Gel Filter (Rear)
|Dimensions (ø x L)
7.85 x 8.3 cm
|Length at Maximum Extension
* Specifications subject to change by the manufacturer without notice
- Canon Lens 8-15mm EF f/4L USM Fisheye
- Lens Hood (ET-77)
- Lens Cap (Front and Rear)
- Lens Case LP1219
- Instruction Manual