VisibleDust Ultra MXD-100 (Fabric) - 1.0X Full Frame
SKU code: 17060
- Unique Fabric Folding System
- Tailored for Cleaning Sensors
- Reduces Streaks When Cleaning
- Suits Visible Dust Cleaning Solutions
- 12 per pack
Call to check availability
You May Also Like
Cleaning & Maintenance:
- VDust Plus™
- Sensor Clean™
- Smear Away™
Select from 1.6x (16mm), 1.3x (20mm) or 1.0x (24mm) swab sizes using the drop-down menu above.
Please click here to determine the correct swab size for your particular camera.
The difference between DXM-100 (Green) and DHAP (Orange) swabs is the type of fabric used in assembly. The Green swabs are compatible with all of Visible Dust sensor cleaning solutions, so when in doubt purchase the green. If you prefer to clean with isopropyl alcohol, then purchase the Orange swabs. Orange swabs also work best with VDust™ Plus.
Visibledust sensor cleaning solutions and swabs are calibrated to work together to produce optimal and safe results. Please DO NOT USE alternative solutions with our swab. A simple grain of quartz which is found in cheaper solutions are enough to produce an expensive scratch on the low pass filter. Our solutions are manufactured to the highest standard of quality that is practiced in pharmaceutical industries.
Visibledust solutions are calibrated for NORMAL evaporative rates:
1. to keep the swab moist at all time to reduce the risk of scratch
2. to increase the cleaning power, less swabbing more economical
3. to reduce friction by being moist all time during swabbing
The potential risk of FAST evaporative solutions used as sensor cleaning are the following:
1. an increase in the risk of damage and stress to sensor coating by using premature dry swab
2. a great reduction in cleaning power by shortening the contact time between contaminants and solution due to the increased evaporation rate of the solution
3. increase in friction by using a premature drying swab, resulting in static charge build up leading to an even greater dust accumulation on the sensor
Our cleaning liquids are intended to be placed on the swab first, so the concern for liquid seeping through the sensor is not valid or accurate. On the other hand, the disadvantages of a generic brand or FAST evaporative liquid used for sensor cleaning may in fact may cause damage to the sensor by requiring repeat swabbing and is not recommended.