Sensor Clean™ has many characteristics that make it an excellent choice for cleaning your sensor. While it is best used on water based stains and light dust contamination, it also provides excellent dust repellent properties and anti-fogging capabilities.
All of our solutions are safe on ITO and non ITO coated sensors.
VisibleDust liquid cleaners (Sensor Clean, VDust Plus and Smear Away) when used with VisibleDust Sensor Cleaning swabs are safe and effective on ALL DSLRs including: Newer Canon DSLRs, such as the 400D, 40D, 1D MKIII, and 1Ds MKIII, Newer Nikon D300 and D3 and Alpha Sony 700
Visibledust sensor cleaning solutions and swabs are calibrated to work together to produce optimal and safe results. Please DO NOT USE alternative solutions with our swab. A simple grain of quartz which is found in cheaper solutions are enough to produce an expensive scratch on the low pass filter. Our solutions are manufactured to the highest standard of quality that is practiced in pharmaceutical industries.
Visibledust solutions are calibrated for NORMAL evaporative rates:
· to keep the swab moist at all time to reduce the risk of scratch
· to increase the cleaning power, less swabbing more economical
· to reduce friction by being moist all time during swabbing
The potential risk of FAST evaporative solutions used as sensor cleaning are the following:
· an increase in the risk of damage and stress to sensor coating by using premature dry swab
· a great reduction in cleaning power by shortening the contact time between contaminants and solution due to the increased evaporation rate of the solution
· increase in friction by using a premature drying swab, resulting in static charge build up leading to an even greater dust accumulation on the sensor
Our cleaning liquids are intended to be placed on the swab first, so the concern for liquid seeping through the sensor is not valid or accurate. On the other hand, the disadvantages of a generic brand or FAST evaporative liquid used for sensor cleaning may in fact may cause damage to the sensor by requiring repeat swabbing and is not recommended.