The Panasonic FT7 is an evolutionary step in waterproof cameras. Its ultra-tough exterior is combined with cutting edge photo and 4K video quality to deliver confidence inspiring results no matter where you are or what you're doing.
31m Waterproof Camera
Featuring a 200+% improvement over the previous FT6, the waterproof design of the FT-7 enables you to safely dive to an astonishing depth of 31 metres. Its incredible versatility makes it a perfect underwater camera for virtually all water sports including snorkelling, SCUBA, fishing, surfing, sailing, jet-skiing, kayaking, white water rafting and virtually any other activity in or around the water.
Seamless Shooting Experience
Eliminating the need for an expensive, bulky underwater housing or case to reach such extreme depths makes the FT-7 a viable alternative for underwater capture. Full access to all the dials and buttons ensures a seamless shooting experience, not possible with many cameras that require additional housings. Tactile, well spaced buttons deliver confidence, even when shooting with gloves.
Go Anywhere, Shoot Everything
The rugged exterior is also dustproof, shockproof up to 2m, freezeproof down to -10°C and capable of withstanding up to 100kgf of pressure. Built to be used in the harshest conditions possible, the DC-FT 7 will leave you with no excuse to leave the camera at home.
20.4 Megapixel Image Sensor
The tough exterior of the FT7 is complemented by a cutting-edge interior. At it's heart lies a High Sensitivity 20.4 Megapixel MOS image sensor that delivers razor sharp images and lifelike colour reproduction.
4.6x Optical Zoom Lens
A 4.6x Optical zoom lens adds to the cameras versatility. Delivering an 35mm equivalent wide-angle 28mm - 128mm equips you with the ability to shoot a broad range of subjects. Ideal for the adventurous traveller, the focal range is designed for wide-sweeping landscapes, portraits, street photography and even up-close sports action.
Optical Image Stabilisation
The built-in Power O.I.S image stabilising system minimises blur from photos by reducing the effect of camera shake, giving you the confidence to shoot at the telephoto end of the zoom or in low-light conditions without resorting to the harsh flash.
4K Ultra-HD Video Resolution
4K Video functionality delivers 4 times the resolution of Full HD video equally allowing vloggers, adventurers, and parents to record tack-sharp, ultra-high resolution video directly to their memory card at the press of a button.
4K Photo Mode
The 4K capabilities also enable some cool photo features such as 4K photo, a mode that can shoot video at 30 frames per second and allow you to select an individual frame from the video to export into an 8-megapixel high-resolution image. Perfect for photos of candid moments of unpredictable subjects like kids or pets and ultra-fast motion or split-second events like lightning.
3-inch Tempered Glass LCD Screen
The rear of the camera features a bright 3-inch high-resolution LCD tempered glass screen. Built to withstand usage in everyday life, the screen also features seven screen brightness levels, ensuring image composition and menu navigation is easy in a range of lighting conditions.
1170k-dot Live View Finder
For precise framing and composition requirements, the FT7 also features a 0.2-inch 1170K-dot Live View Finder (LVF). Offering an approximate 100% field of view, the LVF is great for shooting in extremely sunny environments and for moments requiring critical focusing or framing.
Wi-Fi connectivity can be combined with the Panasonic Image App to allow you to wirelessly control camera settings and trigger the shutter or video recording from your mobile device. You can even preview your framing straight on the screen of your smart device in real time, perfect for shooting from unconventional angles or when you can’t see the rear LCD screen.
Instant Photo Sharing
The wireless connection also enables you to immediately download high-quality photos for instant sharing with your friends, family and favourite social platforms.
Built-in Compass & Altimeter
A built-in GPS system enables you to geo-tag your photos with the exact location they were taken from. The GPS functionality also provides a compass and altimeter function, handy for adventurers that like to take their adventures off the beaten path.
Built-in USB Charging
Designed to be equally suitable for the nomadic adventure photographer or the busy mum with two kids, the Panasonic Lumix FT7 waterproof camera features a removable BCM13E battery which can be charged in-camera via USB. This convenient design is perfect for those travelling light or busy on-the go shooters with an active lifestyle.
Intelligent Auto, P, M, Scene Guide, Creative Control, Sports, Snow, Beach & Surf, Underwater, Panorama Shot
Creative Control mode
Expressive / Retro / Old Days / High Key / Low Key / Sepia / Monochrome / Dynamic Monochrome / Rough Monochrome* / Silky Monochrome* / Impressive Art / High Dynamic / Cross Process / Toy Effect / Toy Pop / Bleach Bypass / Miniature Effect / Soft Focus* / Fantasy / Star Filter* / One Point Colour / Sunshine* (22 filters) *For photos only.
Clear Portrait / Silky Skin / Backlit Softness / Clear in Backlight / Relaxing Tone / Distinct Scenery / Bright Blue Sky / Romantic Sunset Glow / Vivid Sunset Glow / Glistening Water* / Clear Nightscape / Cool Night Sky / Warm Glowing Nightscape / Glittering Illuminations* / Handheld Night Shot / Clear Night Portrait / Soft Image of a Flower* / Appetizing Food / Cute Dessert / Freeze Animal Motion / Monochrome *For photos only.
・ The software to edit and playback images on computer is not bundled with this camera. Please use the software pre-installed to the PC or other general image viewing software to browse pictures.
Battery Pack, AC Adaptor, USB Cable, Hand Strap/・ Operating Instructions for advanced features is available for downloaded at Panasonic LUMIX Customer Support Site using PC, smartphone or tablet connected to the Internet.
*1 Recording conditions by CIPA standard
- Temperature: 23°C / Humidity: 50%RH when monitor is on.
- Using a Panasonic SDHC Memory Card
- Using the supplied battery.
- Starting recording 30 seconds after the camera is turned on. (When the optical image stabilizer function is set to [ON].)
- Recording once every 30 seconds with full flash every second recording.
- Rotating the zoom lever from Tele to Wide or vice versa in every recording.
- The number of recordable pictures varies depending on the recording interval time.
- If the recording interval time becomes longer, the number of recordable pictures decreases.
- CIPA is an abbreviation of [Camera & Imaging Products Association].
*2 - Use a card with SD Speed Class with ""Class 4"" or higher when recording motion pictures.
- Use a card with SD Speed Class with ""UHS-I Speed Class 3 (U3)"" when recording motion pictures with [MP4] in [4K] [High Speed Video] or [4K PHOTO].
(SD speed class is the speed standard regarding continuous writing.)
- Recording stops when the continuous recording time exceeds 29 minutes and 59 seconds with [4K].
- When using an SDHC memory card: You can continue recording without interruption even if the file size exceeds 4 GB, but the motion picture file will be divided and recorded/played back separately.
- When using an SDXC memory card: You can record a motion picture in a single file.
- Recording stops when the continuous recording time exceeds 29 minutes and 59 seconds except [4K].
You can continue recording without interruption even if the file size exceeds 4 GB, but the motion picture file will be divided and recorded/played back separately.
- These are standard times taken at a temperature of 23°C and a humidity of 50%RH.
- The time available for recording varies depending on the environment, the interval between recordings, and the manner of use.
- Actual recordable time is the time available for recording when repeating actions such as switching the power supply [ON] / [OFF], starting/stopping recording, zoom operation etc.
*3 For [4K] video output, use an HDMI cable that has the HDMI logo on it, and that is described as"4K compatible".
Panasonic Lumix DC-FT7 Digital Camera Battery Pack (DMW-BCM13E) AC Adaptor USB Cable Hand Strap