In this Top 5, we’re breaking down some of our favourite camera backpacks. Bag shopping is a tricky subject, especially if you’re doing it for someone else. But fear not! We’re here to help.
Below, you’ll find a range of different sizes and price points to suit your gifting needs. We’ve also listed why we think they’re great, and what kind of photographer they might work for.
1 – After the Fact Diaz Backpack
Kicking things off is the super-affordable ATF Diaz backpack. Its well-padded, customisable interior can hold a DSLR or mirrorless camera with 3-4 lenses. There’s accessory pockets too, including one for a 12-inch tablet and even an external tripod carry strap. It makes an excellent first camera bag.
- Fits DSLR or Mirrorless Camera and 3-4 Lenses
- Adjustable Padded Dividers
- Dedicated 12-Inch Tablet Sleeve
- Accessory Pockets
- External Tripod Carry Strap
- Comfortable, Adjustable Shoulder Straps
- Water-Resistant and Durable Nylon Exterior
- Waterproof Rain Cover Included
2 – LowePro Tahoe 150 Backpack
The LowePro Tahoe 150 backpack is another small, lightweight backpack with an ultra-customisable interior. It’s ideal for a mirrorless kit with 3-4 lenses, plus accessories. Accessory pockets keep all your small bits and pieces organised, making it a great daypack option.
- Fits Small DSLR or Mirrorless with 3-4 Lenses
- Customisable Internal Padded Dividers
- Expandable Internal Compartment
- Accessory and Organiser Pockets
- Comfortable, Adjustable Shoulder Pads
- Dedicated Tablet Storage
- Weather-Resistant Material Construction
- Ultra-Lightweight Design, Ideal Daypack
3 – Manfrotto Advanced Tri Backpack
Starting to get into more serious territory is the Manfrotto Advanced Tri Backpack. It fits a camera and up to 5 lenses along with accessories and personal items. You can also carry a 15-inch laptop and a tripod externally. With 3 different ways to wear the bag, it’s perfect for active photographers.
- Fits DSLR or Mirrorless with up to 5 Lenses
- 3 Carrying Styles - Backpack, Sling and X-Position
- Separate Compartments for Photo & Personal Gear
- Customisable Padded Interior
- Rigid Padded Dividers for Protection
- 15 Inch Padded Laptop Pocket
- Tripod Attachment Loops
- Rain Cover Included
4 – Tenba Axis 20L Backpack
Tenba’s Axis 20L backpack has a very tactical look that might appeal to more urban or outdoorsy shooters. There’s plenty of ways to attach more storage or other accessories to the outside of the bag. It’s also super-durable, so it’s a great choice for getting out into nature or just everyday life.
- Fits 1-2 Cameras and 4-7 Lenses
- 3 Openings for Easy Gear Access
- Dedicated 15-Inch Laptop Storage
- Accessory Pockets and Organisation
- Additional Attachment Loops
- External Tripod Carry
- Adjustable Shoulder Harness
- Durable and Weather Resistant
5 – Peak Design 20L Everyday Backpack
The Peak Design Everyday backpack sits at the premium end of this category, combining function and good looks, something a lot of photographers desire. It doesn’t look like a photo bag, which is a more inconspicuous for travelling, but also means you can use it every day. Just like the name says.
- Holds DSLR or Mirrorless Camera and 4-6
- Built-in Expansion with MagLatch Locking Mechanism
- Customisable Interiors with FlexFold Dividers
- Three Side Access to Main Compartment
- Quick Adjustment Shoulder Straps
- Top Handle & Briefcase Style Side Handle
- Versatile External Carrying Options
- Durable and Water Resistant Shell
If you’re still having difficulties, just give us a call or drop us an email or comment! The team at DCW is always happy to have a chat about gifts and gear!