In conditions of extreme light intensity, such as sunshine on snowy mountains or on the beach, Neutral Density filters are recommended as essential. Also wider apertures can be selected, which is perfect for portraiture to reduce depth of field - subject appears crisp and clear while the background becomes a soft blur. They are also widely used for photographs of waterfalls and other nature scenes to emphasize movement.
Neutral Density filters appear grey and reduce the amount of light reaching the film or image sensor. The ND4 reduces light transmission by 2 stops.
• Digital Multi Coated DMC filters greatly reduce lens flare and ghosting caused by reflections.
• Black Almite Frame Black matte aluminium satin finish almite frame reduces reflections.
• Black Rimmed Glass Black rimmed glass reduces light reflection around the filter edge.
• Low Profile Frame Ultra-thin low profile frame to help avoid vignetting on super wide-angle lenses.
• Knurled Frame Edge Equipped with a knurling edge for easy attachment and removal.
• UV Protection Case Filter case is UV protected to further lengthen the life of the filter.