Buying from Us
Do I need to come in store to buy from you?
No, we have a contact centre available during the same trading hours as all of our stores. Call us on 1300 365 220. You can also order online 24 hours a day, seven days a week. Our prices are the same in our stores, over the phone and online.
Why are your prices so low?
We have created destination shopping stores and therefore don’t pay for outrageous shopping centre lease costs. We are an independent retailer with no ties to marketing or buying groups so we do not incur any group fees. We try to keep our overheads down, our margins low and pass on the savings to you. And we are focused on providing low prices coupled with great service.
Is that the best price you can do?
Unlike some of our competitors we put our absolute lowest price on our cameras and accessories from the very start. This means you always receive our best price.
Are there any extra charges for using my credit card?
There is no charge when using MasterCard or Visa credit cards. Amex cards incur a 2% surcharge.
Will you deliver my order?
Yes. We deliver anywhere in Australia. You will be charged when your item is shipped. If any part of your item is temporarily out of stock we will ship what we have and ship the rest as soon as it comes in. You will only be charged one delivery fee.
How much will delivery cost me?
Delivery is a one-off charge. The delivery charge on orders up to $200 is $11 and for orders over $200 the delivery charge is $19.
The cost of delivery on items that are bulky (some printers, scanners, backpacks, tripods, multiple cameras etc) will be charged at a higher rate if necessary and we will contact you before processing your order to inform you of shipping costs.
Is my order insured in transit?
Yes. Your order is fully insured for damage or non-delivery (lost in transit). Your order is fully track able from door to door.
Can I buy Duty Free cameras from you?
Yes. Under the Tourist Refund Scheme (TRS) travellers can claim a refund, subject to conditions on the Goods and Services Tax (GST) on goods bought in Australia.
Tourist Refund Scheme Essentials:
- GST can be claimed back if goods are purchased within 60 days of travelling.
- Must wear or carry the goods on board the aircraft or ship and present them with your original tax invoices, passport and international boarding pass to a Customs and Border Protection officer at a TRS facility on your departure from Australia.
- Must spend A$300 or more (including GST) in a single store.
- Multiple invoices from the same store are accepted as long as other conditions are met.
- You can open and use the goods within the 60 days prior to departure.
- Download the free TRS Brochure.
If you’re going overseas you can purchase from one of our stores or order online and we will provide a tax invoice. Digital Camera Warehouse will give you the required tax invoice when you receive your camera. A TRS refund cannot be given without it.
For further information on how to claim your duty free refund through the TRS, visit www.customs.gov.au or contact the Customs Information and Support Centre on 1300 363 263 (outside Australia - 61 2 6275 6666) or email firstname.lastname@example.org
How can I be sure you do not pass on my personal details to a third party?
What is your returns policy?
We generally do not refund, return or exchange an item once it has been purchased unless the product is faulty. Any decision to refund or exchange an item is at our discretion. Please contact us on 1300 365 220 for further information.
Is my camera covered by an Australian warranty, as supplied by the Australian wholesaler/distributor?
Yes. All cameras come with a back to base warranty with the official Australian camera distributor. This means your camera is fully protected by the Australian distributor. All camera repair and warranty work takes place in Australia through the official distributor. Australian Manufacturer’s warranties also entitle you to claim supplier redemptions, cash back bonuses and other great promotions and competitions.
Can I get a warranty through you for beyond the initial manufacturer warranty period?
Yes. Warranties are available if you buy your camera from us. Click here to see Warranty options.
Are your cameras ‘grey market’?
Digital Camera Warehouse has not, does not and will not sell ‘grey cameras’.
Why buy from Digital Camera Warehouse?
- Extensive range of equipment at low prices
- Easy to use website for purchases
- Local contact centre to answer questions or place an order
- Three specialist stores in Sydney, Melbourne and Brisbane
- Knowledgeable team ready to assist with technical and creative questions
- We have been selling digital cameras and accessories exclusively since 2001
- Secure Checkout: 128-bit SSL (Secure Socket Layer) encryption technology
- Order online anytime for Australia-wide delivery