Duty Free / Tourist Refund Scheme
Under the Tourist Refund Scheme (TRS) travellers can claim a refund, subject to conditions, on the Goods and Services Tax (GST) on goods bought in Australia.
Tourist Refund Scheme Essentials:
- GST can be claimed back if goods are purchased within 60 days of travelling.
- Must wear or carry the goods on board the aircraft or ship and present them with your original tax invoices, passport and international boarding pass to a Customs and Border Protection officer at a TRS facility on your departure from Australia.
- Must spend A$300 or more (including GST) in a single store.
- Multiple invoices from the same store are accepted as long as other conditions are met.
- You can open and use the goods within the 60 days prior to departure.
- Download the free TRS Brochure.
Purchasing from Digital Camera Warehouse and claiming TRS
If you are in Brisbane, Melbourne or Sydney, come in to a Digital Camera Warehouse store and purchase your duty free camera and accessories, or you can order online and have your camera delivered anywhere in Australia. If you are going overseas you can purchase from one of our stores or order online and we will provide the required tax invoice when you receive your purchases.