END of SUMMER Weekend Savings
Ends Tuesday 28 February 2017
+FREE DELIVERY When you spend $99
Zoom H2 Handy Recorder
What's in the box?
|Zoom H2 Handy Recorder |
Mic clip adapter
512MB SD card
3.5mm miniphone plug to RCA stereo cable
24 Months Warranty with Dynamic Music (Australia)
FeaturesWhy four mics are better than two
Recording an exceptionally realistic stereo image can be a challenge with a conventional mic pair. The H2 has dual X/Y configured stereo mics facing front and rear. This is ideal for capturing a wide and contiguous stereo image. There are two sets of mics - one pair facing the front and one pair facing the rear - allowing you to record at 90° from the front or 120° from the rear. You can even use both two pairs to produce a four-channel recording with 360° coverage. After recording, the built-in 3D panning function gives you full control over the front/rear/left/right balance. Or use commonly available authoring software to create 5.1 surround recordings. No other portable digital recorder has this ability
24bit/96kHz linear PCM and MP3 recording
The H2 gives you amazing versatility with its wide variety of recording formats. Choose 24bit/96kHz linear PCM(WAV files)format for the highest audio quality that surpasses CDs. Or record in MP3 format in an almost any bit rate when long recording capability and smaller file sizes are your goals. Even 4-channel, 360° recordings can be made in 24bit/48kHz format. Capture the fine nuances of an acoustic instrument or the realistic ambience of a venue with the H2's utterly transparent, high-resolution recording capability.
Secure Your Digital MemoriesThe H2 records on Secure Digital(SD)media and a 512MB SD card is included. Compact and readily available, SD memory cards are immune to vibrations and produce no mechanical noise, unlike motor-driven media such as tape or discs. The H2 can accommodate up to a 32GB SDHC card(*), allowing up to 50 hours of total recording time using the 16bit/44.1kHz WAV format. At 128kbps MP3, you get an amazing 555 hours of stereo recording. And with the onboard USB port, you can move your recordings to your computer and use recording software to edit the audio, create mixes, burn CDs or distribute your recordings by email or on your website. You can even move MP3 files to your H2 and use it as a music player.
BWF compatible time stamping and track markers The H2 supports BWF(Broadcast Wave Format)used by broadcasting studios and for other professional applications. Your files can be set with timestamp information and markers(cue points)during recording. This makes playback and editing much more efficient.
Automatic recording function You can also set the H2 to automatically start recording when audio is detected and stop when audio ceases. This allows you to capture all the important audio you want during a conference or lecture while minimizing the total recording time.
Pre-record feature means no surprises Sometimes the audio you want to record begins suddenly. But with the H2 you'll never miss a beat. It can be set to continuously record the most recent two seconds of audio in memory. Record with the confidence that you've captured every moment.
Auto Gain Control and Low-Cut Filter Capturing the moment with a pristine recording can be a challenge... but not with the H2. Its sophisticated Auto Gain Control(AGC)function and Low-Cut Filter means the H2 can automatically record at the right level while eliminating unwanted low frequency noise. Or, you can manually control the gain levels with the Low/Mid/High selector and then fine-tune the levels with gain control buttons on the front panel. Get clear recordings with very low noise and no distortion.
It's also a USB mic... The H2 can also function as a USB microphone, letting you record directly to your computer. Using almost any recording software, you can create a podcast with ease. And its direct monitoring feature means that you can monitor with no latency during recording.
Windows XP and Vista, Mac OS X 10.2 and later.
* The normalizing function is not applied to MP3 files.Versatile playback modes Choose between single-file playback, single-file repeat, all-file playback, or all-file repeat. This is great when using the H2 as an MP3 player. A-B repeat even lets you "zoom in" on a specified section of a file.
Support for plug-in power type external mics The input jack for external stereo mics supports plug-in power, letting you select suitable equipment for any situation. A stereo line input for analog sources such as cassette tapes or LP records is also provided.
Tuner & metronome enhance practice sessions The H2 has a number of useful tools that will be welcomed by musicians. The built-in tuner allows you to quickly check the pitch of a vocalist or tune an instrument. The onboard metronome can serve as a click-track during recording.
Intuitive design Thanks to its simple and logical user interface, the H2 is easy to use from the moment you pick it up. Most functions can be controlled with one hand. The backlit 128×64 pixel LCD makes navigating the graphical menus quick and easy. You can check level meters and time elapsed, check the battery status and remaining recording time at a glance.
Four hours of continuous operation The low-power circuitry in the H2 makes it possible to run the unit continuously for about 4 hours on two AA alkaline batteries. For longer sessions, simply plug in the supplied AC adapter(AD-0006). When using the unit as an SD card reader or USB mic, it will operate on USB bus power.
Specifications of the Zoom H2 Handy Recorder
- Simultaneous Recording Tracks:[Stereo mode] 2, [4ch mode]
- Simultaneous Playback Tracks:[Stereo mode] 2, [4ch mode] 4
- File Editing functions:Time Stamp check, Rename, Delete, Size check, Divide, Normalize
- Other functions:MP3 post-encode, A-B repeat, Lo-cut filter, AGC/compressor/limiter, Marker
- Tuner:Chromatic, Guitar, Bass, Open A/D/E/G, DADGAD
- Metronome:5 Sounds(Beat 0/4-8/4, 6/8, Tempo 40.0-250.0BPM)
- A/D Conversion:24bit, 128 times over-sampling
- D/A Conversion:24bit, 128 times over-sampling
- Signal Processing:32bit
- Recording Media:SD memory card(16MB-2GB), SDHC memory card(4GB-32GB)
- Recording Format:[Stereo mode] WAV(Quantization:16/24bit, Sampling frequency:44.1/48/96kHz), MP3(Bitrate:48/56/64/80/96/112/128/160/192/224/256/320kbps/VBR, Sampling frequency:44.1kHz), [4ch mode] WAV(Quantization:16/24bit, Sampling frequency:44.1/48kHz)
- Playback Format:[Stereo mode] WAV(Quantization:16/24bit, Sampling frequency:44.1/48/96kHz), MP3(Bitrate:32/40/48/56/64/80/96/112/128/160/192/224/256/320kbps/VBR, Sampling frequency:44.1/48kHz), [4ch mode] WAV(Quantization:16/24bit, Sampling frequency:44.1/48kHz)
- Display:128x64 pixel, back-lit LCD
- Inputs:[LINE IN] 1/8" stereo phone jack(Input impedance:10kΩ, Input level:-10dBm), [EXT MIC IN] 1/8" stereo phone jack(Plug-in powered:2.5V, Input impedance:20kΩ, Input level:-20/-30/-40dBm), [Built-in stereo mic] W-XY stereo microphone(MIC GAIN:+1.5/+17/+27dB)
- Output:[PHONES/LINE OUT] 1/8" stereo phone jack([LINE] Output load impedance:10kΩ or more, Rated output level:-10dBm / [PHONES] 15mW+15mW, into 32Ω load)
- USB Interface:Mini-B type(USB2.0 Full-Speed compatible), Mass Storage Class operation / Audio Interface operation(16bit, 44.1/48kHz)
- Power Requirements:AA size(LR6) battery x2, or Supplied AC adaptor AD-0006(DC9V/300mA/center minus type)
- Battery Life(with alkaline batteries):4 hours recording, 4.5 hours playback
- Weight(without batteries):110g
- Supplied Accessories:SD memory card(512MB), Desktop stand, Mic clip adaptor, Wind screen, Earbuds, USB cable, Stereo Y cable, AC adaptor(AD-0006)
* Specifications subject to change by the manufacturer without notice
Our Store Locations
360 Kent St
174 Canterbury Rd
367 High St
524 Ipswich Rd
© Copyright 2001 - 2017; Digital Camera Warehouse Pty Ltd,
ABN-31 510 583 734. All rights reserved. All brands, logos, images and names are trademarks of their respective companies. Images used are for illustrative purposes only and may not be identical to the product supplied.
Sydney, Melbourne, Brisbane