Ricoh CX-5 Digital Camera - 10 Megapixel
- 10 Megapixel Backlit CMOS Sensor
- 10.7x Optical Zoom Lens (28-300mm 35mm equiv.)
- 3.0” 920k-dot LCD Screen
- Built-In Flash
- High Definition Video Recording
- Optical Image Stabilisation
- Fast Hybrid Autofocus
- Face Detect Technology
Movie Feature – captures HD video with audio up to 1280x720p resolution at 30 frames per second. Maximum recording length is up to 29 minutes or 4gb file size, whichever occurs first. Expect to get around 25 minutes of HD footage on an 8GB SDHC memory card*.
* We recommend using class 6 or higher memory cards for recording high definition video.
|No. of Effective Pixels (Camera)||Approximately 10.00 million pixels|
|Image Sensor||1/2.3-inch CMOS (total pixels: approx. 10.60 million pixels)|
|Lens||Focal length||f=4.9-52.5mm (Equivalent to 28–300 mm for 35 mm film cameras. With Step Zoom set, option of any of eight fixed lengths: 28 mm, 35 mm, 50 mm, 85 mm, 105 mm, 135 mm, 200 mm, and 300 mm)|
|F-aperture||F3.5 (Wide) - F5.6 (Telephoto)|
|Normal shooting: Approx. 30 cm–infinity (Wide), approx. 1.5 m–infinity (Telephoto) (from the front of the lens) |
Macro: Approx. 1 cm–infinity (Wide), approx. 28 cm–infinity (Telephoto), approx. 1 cm–infinity (Zoom Macro) (from the front of the lens)
|Lens Construction||10 elements in 7 groups (Aspheric lens: 4 elements and 5 surfaces)|
|Zoom Magnification||Optical zoom: 10.7 x (Equivalent to 28–300 mm for 35-mm film cameras) |
Super-resolution zoom: 2.0 x, up to 21.4 x (Equivalent to 600 mm) when used with optical zoom
Digital zoom: 4.8 x, up to 103 x (Equivalent to 2,880 mm) when used with optical zoom and super-resolution zoom
Auto resize zoom: 5.7 x *1, up to 61.0 x *1 (Equivalent to 1,710 mm) when used with optical zoom
|Focus Modes||Multi AF / Spot AF / Face-priority Multi AF (Contrast AF method with AF auxiliary light) / Subject-tracking AF / Multi-target AF (Contrast AF method) / Manual Focus / Snap / 8 (Fixed focus method)|
|Image Stabilizer||Image sensor shift method image stabilizer|
|Shutter Speed *2||Still image||1/2000 – 1, 2, 4, 8 sec.|
|Movie||1/2000 sec. – 1/30 sec.|
|Continuous Shooting||Continuous shooting speed *3||Approx. 5 frames/sec. (10M 4:3F; continuous shooting speed is approx. 3 frames/sec. for the 12th picture on)|
|Continuous shooting capacity||999 pictures|
|Exposure Control||Metering Mode||Multi (256 segments) / Center-weighted light metering / Spot metering|
|Exposure Mode||Programme AE|
|Manual compensation (-2.0 EV – +2.0 EV, 1/3EV steps), Auto bracket function (-0.5EV, ±0, +0.5EV)|
|ISO Sensitivity (Standard Output Sensitivity)||AUTO / ISO100 / ISO200 / ISO400 / ISO800 / ISO1600 / ISO3200|
|White Balance Mode||Auto / Multi-pattern Auto / Outdoors / Cloudy / Incandescent 1 / Incandescent 2 / Fluorescent / Manual / White balance bracket function|
|Flash||Built-in Flash Mode||Auto (During low light and when the subject is backlit) / Anti Red-eye / Flash on / Slow Synchro / Flash off|
|Built-in flash range||Approx. 20 cm – 4.0 m (Wide), approx. 28 cm – 3.0 m (Telephoto) (ISO AUTO, auto ISO with up to ISO1600, measured from the front of the lens)|
|Flash compensation||+/-2.0EV (1/3EV Steps)|
|Monitor||3.0-inch Transparent LCD (approx. 920,000 dots)|
|Shooting Mode||Auto shooting mode / Movie mode / Scene auto mode / Scene mode (Portrait / Discreet Mode / Night. Portrait / Night Landscape Multi-shot / Sports / Landscape / Zoom Macro / Pets / Skew Correct Mode / High Sensitivity / Text / Fireworks / Cooking / Golf Swing Continuous Mode) / My Settings mode / Continuous mode / Creative shooting modes (Dynamic Range Double Shot / Miniaturize / High Contrast B&W / Soft Focus / Cross Process / Toy Camera)|
|Picture Quality Mode *4||F (Fine) / N (Normal)|
|No. of Pixels Recorded||Still image / Multi-picture||3648 x 2736, 3648 x 2432, 2736 x 2736, 3648 x 2048, 2592 x 1944, 2048 x 1536, 1728 x 1296 (Multi-Picture only), 1280 x 960, 640 x 480|
|Movie||1280 x 720 *5, 640 x 480, 320 x 240|
|Text||3648 x 2736, 2048 x 1536|
|Recording Media||SD memory cards, SDHC memory cards (up to 32 GB), Internal memory (Approx. 40MB) |
Compatible with Eye-Fi cards (X2 Series)
|Image File Format||Still Image||JPEG (Exif ver. 2.3) *6|
|Multi-picture||CIPA DC-007-2009 Multi-Picture Format|
|Movie||AVI (Open DML Motion JPEG Format compliant)|
|Compression method||JPEG Baseline Format compliant|
|Other Major Shooting Functions||Continuous, Self-Timer (Operation time: Approx. 10 sec. / Approx. 2 sec. / Custom self-timer), Interval Timer (Shooting time: 5 sec.–1 hr., in 5 sec. increments) *7, Color Bracket function, Focus Bracket function, AE/AF Target Shift, Histogram, Grid Guide, Electronic Level|
|Other Major Playback Functions||Grid View, Enlarged Display (maximum 16×), Resize, Level Compensation, White Balance Compensation, Trim, Flag, Slideshow, DPOF Setting|
|External Interface||USB 2.0 (High-speed USB) / Audio-Visual (AV) terminals (Mass storage compatible *8 AV Out 1.0Vp-p (75O)), HDMI Micro Output terminals (Type D)|
|Video Signal Format||NTSC, PAL switchable|
|Power Supply||Rechargeable Battery(DB-100) x1|
|Battery Consumption *9||Based on CIPA Standard: Using the DB-100, Approx. 280 pictures When Sleep is OFF *10|
|External Dimensions||101.5 mm (W) x 58.6 mm (H) x 29.4 mm (D) (24.4 mm at thinnest part)|
|Weight||Approx. 197 g (including the supplied battery and SD memory card) |
Approx. 176 g (Camera body only)
|Operating Temperature Range||0°C - 40°C|
*1 VGA image size
*2 Shutter speed upper and lower limits vary depending on Shooting Mode and Flash Mode.
*3 Values measured under Ricoh measurement conditions using a Panasonic PRO HIGH SPEED 8-GB SDHC memory card. The continuous shooting speed and number of pictures will vary depending on the shooting conditions, the type of recording media used, the condition of the recording media, etc.
*4 The picture quality modes that can be set vary depending on the image size.
*5 When shooting movies of 1280×720 size, the use of an SD/SDHC memory card with an SD speed class of Class 6 or higher is recommended.*6Compatible with DCF and DPOF. DCF is an abbreviation for the JEITA standard "Design rule for Camera File system." (Full compatibility with other devices is not guaranteed.)
*7 With flash off.
* 8The mass storage driver is compatible with Windows® XP, Windows Vista®, Windows® 7, and Max OSX 10.1.2–10.6.4.
*9 Shooting capacity was measured using CIPA-standard parameters. This is only an estimate. Actual performance may vary according to usage conditions.
*10 Approx. 300 pictures when Sleep is set to [10 sec.].
*To playback MP files and output still images from MP files on a Macintosh PC, please use the enclosed VM-1 Macintosh software for viewing MP files (compatible OS: Mac OS X 10.4-10.6.4).
CX5 System Requirements
|Operating system||Windows XP Home Edition Service Pack 3 / Professional Service Pack 3 |
Windows Vista Service Pack 2
Windows 7 32bit / 64bit
|CPU||Pentium ®IV : 1.6GHz or more, |
Pentium ®M : 1.4GHz or more,
Core™2Duo : 1.5GHz or faster
|Memory||Windows XP : 512MB or more |
Windows Vista / Windows 7: 1GB or more
|Available disk space on hard drive |
at installation time
|300MB or more|
|Display Resolution||1024 x 768 dots or greater|
|Display Colors||65000 colors or greater|
|CD-ROM Drive||A CD-ROM drive compatible with the above-mentioned computer|
|USB Port||A USB port compatible with the above-mentioned computer|
* When the CX5 is connected to a PC, only a USB connection can be used. Serial connection is not supported.
* It is necessary for the above OS to be preinstalled and for the USB port to be standard equipment.
* 64-bit operating systems, Windows® XP and Windows Vista® are not supported.
* The CX5 is compatible with Mac OS X 10.1.2 to 10.6.4 by mass storage connection.
SD Memory Card Storage Capacity (Number of Images and Time)
|Mode||Image Size||Internal |
(When [Focus] is set to
|Movie||HD 1280||7sec.||3min. |
|VGA 640||22sec.||8min. |
|QVGA 320||54sec.||21min. |
|M-Cont Plus||10M 4:3N||17||411||830||1631||3333||6678||13396|
|Speed Cont||VGA 4:3N||283||6714||12288||24129||49319||98801||198192|
* The maximum recording time is the estimated total recording time. The maximum recording time per shooting is 29 minutes or 4GB.
* The maximum number of consecutive shots that can be taken using continuous mode is 999. When the number of remaining shots is 1000 or more, “999” is displayed on the picture display.
* The figures shown for the maximum number of shots that can be recorded for M-Cont (2M), M-Cont (10M), and Speed Cont are the estimated total number of shots that can be recorded. The number of shots that can be recorded at one time is 26 for M-Cont Plus (2M), 15 for M-Cont Plus (10M), and 120 for Speed Cont.
* The maximum number of shots for Multi-Target AF is the estimated total number of shots that can be recorded. The number of shots that can be recorded at one time is 5. When the number of remaining shots is 9999 or more, “9999” is displayed on the picture display.
* The number of remaining shots displayed on the picture display may differ from the actual number of shots, depending on the subject.
* Movie recording time and the maximum number of still pictures may vary depending on the capacity of the recording destination (internal memory or SD memory card), shooting conditions, and the type and manufacturer of the SD memory card.
* A high speed memory card is recommended when shooting for long periods.
Audio Video Cable
Rechargeable Li-ion Battery (DB-100)
Battery Charger (BJ-10)
Software Suite CD-ROM
24 Months Warranty from Tasco Australia
Visit http://www.ricohcameras.com.au/warranty.html for terms & conditions
This product comes with a
24 month Australian warranty
from Ricoh Australia
Digital Camera Warehouse supplies cameras sourced through Australian channels, and does not participate in "Grey Market" imports
Want to read more about warranties?