Ricoh Caplio G700 Digital Camera - 12.1 Megapixel Digital Camera
The Ricoh G700 digital camera with water and dust resistance is safe and reliable for use even in difficult environments such as those encountered in on-site work situations. Successor model to the popular G600, the new G700 has achieved shock resistance capable of withstanding a 2.0 m drop (1.5 m when wide conversion lens is attached)^ and it is also capable of underwater shooting for up to two hours at depths up to 5.0m.
In addition, the G700 features newly added chemical resistance to ethanol and hypochlorous acid as well as strengthened security functions such as password-protected camera operation.
The G700 inherits the previous model’s 5x optical wide-angle zoom lens (equivalent to 28-140 mm for a 35 mm camera) and 10 m flash range. It is perfect for use in a wide range of environments, such as construction, public works, and disaster sites as well as medical facilities and production sites where equipment must be cleaned and disinfected.
Movie Feature – captures HD video* up to 1280x720p resolution.
^ In Ricoh drop testing carried out based on U.S. Department of Defense standards
* We recommend using class 6 or higher memory cards for recording high definition video.
|What's in the box?|
Ricoh G700 Digital Camera + 103mb internal memory
To get started, DCW recommends....
Take your photography to the next level with these Optional Accessories
No. of effective pixels (camera)
Approx. 12.10 million effective pixels
1/2.3? CCD (Approx. 12.40 total million pixels)
Focal Length: 5.0 mm to 25 mm (equivalent to 28 mm to 140 mm on a 35-mm camera)
F-aperture: F3.5 to F5.5
Shooting Distance: Normal shooting: Approx. 30 cm to 8 (Wide-angle) or 50 cm to 8 (Telephoto) (from the front of the lens)
Macro shooting: Approx. 1 cm to 8 (Wide-angle?1), 15 cm to 8 (Telephoto) or 1 cm to 8 (Zoom macro mode) (from the front of the lens)
Lens Construction: 11 elements in 9 groups plus 1 prism
Filter size: 37 mm
Optical zoom at 5.0× (focal length equivalent to 28 mm to 140 mm on a 35 mm camera)
Digital zoom at 4.0×, up to 20.0x (560 mm equivalent) in combination with optical zoom
Auto resize zoom at approx. 6.3× (VGA image)?2, up to 31.5x (882 mm equivalent) in combination with optical zoom
Multi AF (CCD method)/Spot AF (CCD method)/MF/Snap/8 (with AF Auxiliary Light)
Digital image stabilizer
Still Image: 8, 4, 2, 1 to 1/1500 seconds
Movie: 1/30 to 1/10000 seconds
Exposure Metering Mode: Multi Light Metering (256 segments)/Center-weighted Light Metering/Spot Metering (TTL-CCD Metering and AE lock possible)
Exposure Mode: Program AE
Exposure Compensation: Manual exposure compensation (+2.0 to –2.0 EV in 1/3 EV Steps), Auto bracket function (–0.5 EV, ±0, +0.5 EV)
ISO Sensitivity (Standard Output Sensitivity)
Auto/ISO 64/ISO 100/ISO 200/ISO 400/ISO 800/ISO 1600/ISO 3200
White Balance Mode
Auto/Outdoors/Cloudy/Incandescent 1/Incandescent 2/Fluorescent/Manual/Ring Light, White balance bracket function
Flash Mode: Auto flash (fires automatically in low-light conditions and when the subject is backlit)/Anti Red-eye/Flash On/FLASH ON (10M)/Flash Synchro. /Flash Off
Built-in flash Range: Approx. 20 cm to 10.0 m (Wide-angle), approx. 40 cm to 6.2 m (Telephoto) (ISO AUTO/ISO 1600, from the front of the lens)
3.0? Transmissive LCD, approx. 920,000 dots
Auto shooting mode/Scene mode (High Sens/Firefighting/Skew Correct Mode/Text Mode/Zoom Macro/Movie)/My settings mode/CALS mode
Picture Quality Mode?4
F (Fine), N (Normal)
Number of Recorded Pixels
[4 : 3] 4000 × 3000, 2592 × 1944, 2048 × 1536, 1600 × 1200, 1280 × 960, 640 × 480
[3 : 2] 3984 × 2656
1280 × 720, 640 × 480, 320 × 240
4000 × 3000, 2048 × 1536
SD memory card (3.3V 256MB, 512MB, 1GB, 2GB), SDHC memory card (up to 32 GB), SD WORM card?5(128MB, 1GB), Internal Memory (approx. 103 MB)
Picture/Time Storage Capacity?6 (Internal: approx. 103MB)
Still image: 4000 x 3000 F: 22 pictures N: 38 pictures, 3984 x 2656 F: 25, 2592 x 1944 F: 45, 2048 x 1536 N: 72, 1600 x 1200 F: 116, 1280 x 960 F: 141 N: 265, 640 x 480 F: 509
Movie?7: 1280 x 720 20 seconds, 640 x 480 58 seconds, 320 x 240 2 minutes 22 seconds
Recording File Format
Still Image: JPEG (Exif Ver. 2.21)?8
Text: JPEG (Exif Ver. 2.21)?8
Movie: AVI (Open DML Motion JPEG Format Compliant)
Bar Codes Supported
Linear: EAN-13/8 (JAN-13/8), UPC-A/E, UPC/EAN (with add-ons), Interleaved 2 of 5, CODEBAR (NW-7), CODE 39, CODE 93, CODE 128 TYPE C, GS1-128 (EAN-128), and RSS (GS1 DataBar)
Matrix: QR Code, Micro QR Code, DataMatrix (ECC200), PDF417, Micro PDF417, MaxiCode, EAN·UCC Composite (GS1 DataBar Composite)
Other Major Shooting Functions
Continuous mode, Self-timer (operation time: approx. 10 seconds, approx. 2 seconds), Interval shooting (shooting interval: 5 seconds to 3 hours, in increments of 5 seconds)?9, Histogram display, Grid guide display
Other Major Playback Functions
Thumbnail view, Enlarged view (maximum 16×), Resize, Contrast Correction
USB2.0 (High-Speed USB) Mini-B, AV output, Mass storage-compatible?10
Rechargeable Battery (DB-65) x1, AC adapter (AC-5c option), AAA Alkaline Battery x 2, AAA Nickel-Hydrogen Battery x 2
Based on CIPA standard, DB-65: approx. 360 shots
AAA alkaline: 40 shots?12
Dimensions (W × H × D)
118.8 mm × 71.0 mm × 41.0 mm, 32.0 mm (D) at thinnest, excluding projections
Approx. 280 g (excluding battery, SD memory card, and strap), Approx. 310 g (including memory card and supplied battery)
Water Resistance/Dust Resistance/Chemical Resistance
JIS/IEC waterproof grade 8, shooting to a water depth of approx. 5 m?13
JIS/IEC dustproof grade 6
External cleaning possible with ethanol and hypochlorous acid disinfectants
–10 °C to 40 °C
? 1:The macro shooting wide-angle setting is f=5.9mm at a 33 mm focal length (35 mm equivalent).
? 2:Image size is VGA.
? 3:The upper and lower limits differ for each shooting mode and flash mode.
? 4:The picture quality mode that can be set varies depending on the image size.
? 5:SD WORM cards can be purchased from SanDisk Corporation agents that supply corporate customers.
? 6:The estimated number of pictures that can be recorded or the estimated recording time.
? 7:The maximum movie length that can be recorded at one time is either 90 minutes or 4 GB. When shooting movies of 1280 × 720 size, the use of an SD/SDHC memory card with an SD speed class of Class 6 or higher is recommended.
? 8:Compatible with DCF and DPOF. DCF is the abbreviation for “Design rule for Camera File system,” a JEITA standard (Full compatibility with other devices is not guaranteed).
? 9:When the flash is set to [Flash Off ].
?10:Mass storage mode is supported by Windows 2000, Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows 7, Mac OS 9.0–9.2.2, and Mac OS X 10.1.2–10.6.3.
?11:The number of remaining shots is based on the CIPA standard and may vary depending on usage conditions. This is for reference only.
?12:When using the AAA Alkaline batteries manufactured by Panasonic.
?13:At a water depth of up to 5 m, a maximum of approximately two hours of shooting is possible. Optimal shooting may not be possible depending on the water environment.
* Specifications subject to change by the manufacturer without notice
Main features of the G700
1. Improved water and shock resistance make the G700 ideal for hard outdoor use
· A shock resistant structure and stronger lens barrel create a robust body able to withstand falls from 2.0 m onto 26 surfaces in drop testing conforming to US Department of Defense “MIL Standard 810F.” (With optional wide conversion lens attached, 1.5 m. Previous model was 1.5 m for body only.)
· The G700 meets this same drop standard even with the power on. (Previous model met the standard only when the power was off.)
· The popular water resistance of the previous model has been further improved, giving the G700 JIS/IEC water resistance protection grade 8 performance. This means that not only can the G700 be used in the rain; it can also be washed with water and used for underwater photography at a depth up to 5 m (for up to 2 hours).
· Dust resistance continues to satisfy JIS/IEC protection grade 6. Pictures can be taken in environments with high concentrations of dust and sand.
· The G700’s chemical resistance means that in addition to water washing it can handle disinfection with ethanol and hypochlorous acid. So it can be safely used in medical facilities and production (food, cosmetics, pharmaceuticals, etc.) facilities where hygiene management is necessary.
· Cold resistance specifications enable operation even at -10?.
· The skillful placement of large buttons makes operation easy, even with gloves on.
2. Large 3.0-inch picture display and electronic level
·The G700 has a large 3.0-inch 920,000-dot VGA high-definition picture display. Easy to see even outdoors, this display makes it possible to take more accurate and precise photographs.
·The installation of a light sensor makes it possible to increase picture display visibility by automatically adjusting brightness based on the ambient light level.
·We have also added the electronic level function that has proved extremely popular on models such as the GR DIGITAL III. It makes it easy to take level pictures when shooting subjects such as buildings and interiors.
3. Enhanced security functions
·The G700 is compatible with the SanDisk Corporation SD WORM (write-once read-multiple) card standard. Since deletes, changes, and card initialization cannot be done, these cards are suitable for use in place of film for original document management by police, etc.
·Operation lock and restriction settings are possible at various levels, including locking of the operations of the entire camera, locking of internal memory playback, restriction to SD-WORM cards only, restriction of camera setting changes, etc. The locks and restrictions can be removed through password entry with a software keyboard or bar code.
·For still photographs taken with the image manipulation detection function on, by loading the image onto a PC and using the EC1 software provided, it is possible to check to see whether manipulation or editing has been done since the image was shot. This makes it possible to provide digital photographic images with a high degree of reliability as evidence.
4. A diverse range of enhanced solution functions
·With the camera memo function, it is possible to record memos in the image data by selecting information from a list prepared on a PC. This facilitates later searching and organizing of images. Using this function, links with various types of business-use image management software are possible. Up to 20 information fields can be recorded. Memos can also be recorded in internal memory. Selection from multiple memos is possible using up to 99 files.
·Memo information can be combined with photographed images. Using the EX1 software provided, it is also possible to convert camera memo information into file names.
·One and two dimensional (QR codes, etc.) bar codes can be read with the lens. The data read can be recorded in a camera memo.
·The G700 is compliant with the PictBridge standard that allows direct connection to a printer without routing through a personal computer. More diverse printing is possible, such as printing on forms registered in the printer, when connected to Ricoh’s high-speed color laser printers and MFP*.
* Please visit www.ricoh.com to check compatible models.
·Skew correction mode can modify photographs taken at an angle so that they look as if they were shot squarely. This is a powerful tool for various scenes, such as message boards and display panels.
5. Powerful flash with effective range of up to 10 m and ISO3200 sensitivity for low-light photography
·The flash has an effective range of up to 10 m for wide-angle and 6.2 m for telephoto.
·There is also an accessory shoe where an external flash can be attached.
6. Compact and lightweight body that can be carried in a breast pocket
·Compact body size of 118.8 mm (W) × 71.0 mm (H) × 41.0 mm (D). Light body weight of approximately 280 g*.
*This weight does not include the rechargeable battery, SD memory card, and neck strap supplied.
·The flat design uses a non-protruding inner-zoom lens so that the lens does not extend out from the body regardless of whether the power is on or off.
·With the wide and long strap, it is possible to now suspend the camera diagonally in addition to the horizontal and vertical positions of the previous model.
7. 28-140 mm wide-angle zoom lens
· The G700 has a 28-140 mm wide-angle zoom lens. It can cover the whole of a large building and frame pictures well in confined areas, and the 5x optical zoom can reach subjects too inaccessible to shoot from close by.
· For even wider shots, there is also an optional wide conversion lens (35 mm film camera equivalent: approx. 22 mm at maximum wide angle). Commercially available 37 mm filters can also be attached.
8. Many other superior Ricoh features have been inherited/enhanced
· The large-capacity lithium ion battery provided with the camera gives long battery life for approximately 360 shots (CIPA standard). If the battery runs out, readily-available AAA-size alkaline batteries can be used instead, and an optional AC adapter is convenient for indoor use. With the AAA-size alkaline batteries, approximately 40 shots (CIPA standard) can be taken.
· Macro mode gets as close as 1 cm from the subject.
· When the camera is connected to a personal computer via a USB cable, it is recognized as an external storage device, so images in the camera can be transferred to the computer without using special software. Full-automatic transfer is also available with the special software.
· A high-definition 1/2.3 CCD with approximately 12.1 million effective pixels is included.
Item added to your cart
Our Store Locations
360 Kent St
174 Canterbury Rd
367 High St
524 Ipswich Rd
© Copyright 2001 - 2015; Digital Camera Warehouse Pty Ltd,
ABN-31 510 583 734. All rights reserved. All brands, logos, images and names are trademarks of their respective companies. Images used are for illustrative purposes only and may not be identical to the product supplied.
Desktop + Mobile
Sydney, Melbourne, Brisbane
1300 365 220
Talk to an expert