77mm Hoya Neutral Density 4x (ND4) HMC Filter
They have four main uses:
- To enable slow shutter speeds to be used, especially with fast films, to record movement in subjects such as waterfalls, clouds, cars, seas etc.
- To decrease depth of field by allowing wider apertures to be used which helps separate subjects from their background.
- To decrease the effective ISO of high speed film (ie: above ISO400) and allow it to be used outdoors in blight situations.
- To allow cine and video cameras (which have fixed shutter speeds) to film subjects such as snow, sand or other bright scenes that would normally cause over-exposure.
HMC (Hoya Multi-Coated) filters are renowned for their ability to minimise reflection at the filter surfaces which reduces flare and ghosting. The result is an average light transmission of over 97%, giving sharp contrast and well balanced colour. HOYA HMC filters are recommended for enhancing the performance of today's multicoated lenses.
|Shutter Speed/ |
|ISO Film Speed |
* Specifications subject to change by the manufacturer without notice