Canon HG10 High Definition Digital Video Camera
The HG10 is Canon’s first Hard Disk Drive digital video camera featuring a 40gb Hard Drive and Canon’s high definition camera system - a combination of a 1920 x 1080 True Progressive HD
The Canon HG10 Records up to 5.5 hours in the highest quality HD recording mode; 11.5 hours in the SP Mode; or up to 15 hours in LP Mode. The supplied battery records for a full 70 minutes; A long-life battery is also available to provide an additional 120 minutes battery time. RRP $1,399.
|What's in the box?||
Canon HG10 Digital Video Camera
Rechargeable Battery (BP-2L13)
Compact Power Adaptor (CA-570)
Stereo Video Cable (STV-100)
Component Cable (CTC-100/S)
Wireless Controller with battery (WL-268)
12 Month Warranty with Canon Australia
|Software -||Corel Application Disk|
DVSD Ver 26.0 for Win/Mac
To get started, DCW recommends....
... a spare
... a carry
Take your photography to the next level with these optional accessories
Click for products:
Chargers & Cables
Flashes & Lights
Lenses & Filters
Specifications of the Canon HG10 Digital Video Camera
|Standard||1080i / AVCHD / 40GB HDD with anti shock absorption system|
|Sensor||1/2.7 inch Canon progressive HD CMOS sensor (1920 x 1080)|
|Filter Array||Primary Colour Filter (RGB Bayer)|
|Image Processor||DiG!C DV II|
|Total||2,960,000 (1994 H x 1484 V)|
|Movie||2.07MP (HD 1920 x 1080 16:9)|
|Still Image||2.76MP (1920 x 1440 4:3)|
|Widescreen Capability||High Resolution Real Widescreen 16:9|
|Type||Canon High Definition Video Lens|
|Focal Length||6.1 – 61mm|
|Maximum Aperture||f/1.8-3.0 (disc)|
|Minimum Focusing Distance||10mm|
1/6 – 1/2000 sec
|Card||1/2 – 1/500 sec|
|Optical Zoom / Digital Zoom||10x / 40x/200x (Movie) seesaw-type zoom lever|
|Image Stabilizer||Super Range Optical Image Stabilization|
|AF System||Hi-Speed Instant Auto Focus (Instant AF) / Normal AF|
|Focusing Range||Auto / Manual / Forced Infinity|
|Light Metering Method||Evaluative / Centre-weighted average / Spot metering|
|Exposure Compensation||± 11 Levels|
|White Balance Mode||
Auto, TTL, 6 Presets (Daylight / Shade / Cloudy / Tungsten / Fluorescent / Fluorescent H), include Backlight correction (BLC)
|Minimum Illumination||0.2 lux (Night Mode)|
Advanced illumination with gapless micro lens technology on CMOS
|Flash||Built in (Auto / On / Off / Red eye reduction is available)|
|Video Light||Built in low luminance AF auxiliary video LED light with manual switch|
2.7 inch Real Widescreen / approx. 211,000 pixels. With wide angle viewing, wide colour range, hard coat and anti glare.
0.27 inch Real Widescreen & colour / 123,000 pixel
|Filming Modes & Controls|
|AE Modes||13 modes. AUTO, [P], (P / Av / Tv / SCN / CINE)|
|Scene Modes (SCN)||Portrait / Sports / Night / Snow / Beach / Sunset / Spotlight / Fireworks|
|Image Quality Adjustment||
8 adjustments. Vivid / Neutral / Low Sharpening / Soft Skin Detail / Brightness / Contrast / Sharpness / Colour Depth
|Effects||Movie||Auto fade, Wipe, Black & White, Sepia, Art|
|Still||Black & White, Sepia|
|Fades||Auto Fade, Wipe Fade|
|Video Data||AVCHD (MPEG-4 AVC/H.264: 5/7/9/15 Mbps (variable)|
|Recording Modes||Highest Quality||HXP (15 Mbps 5Hrs 30mins)|
|High Quality||XP (9 Mbps 9 Hrs 30mins)|
SP (7 Mbps 11 Hrs 30mins)
|Long Play||LP (5 Mbps 15 Hrs)|
|QuickStart button for power save mode and instant recording|
|Audio Data||Dolby Digital AC-3 (2ch)|
|Audio Level Metering||No|
|Still Image Recording|
3.15 megapixel (2048 x 1536 4:3)
|Memory Card||Mini SD (photo recording only)|
|Still Shooting Functions||
Simultaneous Photo Recording to Mini SD / Auto Exposure Bracketing / High Speed Continuous Shooting (4 frames/sec) / 9-point AiAF
|Still image file transfer||USB 2.0 Hi-Speed|
|Direct Printing||PictBridge and dedicated Direct Print/Print Share button|
|Accessory Shoe||Advanced Accessory Shoe for flash, guide light and directional microphone|
USB 2.0 Hi-Speed
Wireless controller WL-D86 (Remote battery CR2025)
Battery Pack NB-2L / NB-2LH / BP-2L12 / BP-2L13 / BP-2L14
|Self Timer||10 sec/Remote Controller: 2 sec.|
|Power Supply||7.4V DC (battery pack), 8.4V (DC IN)|
|Power Save||Power shutoff after recording continuously paused for 5 minutes|
|Dimensions||81 x 75 x 129mm (W x H x D)|
|Weight||505 g (body only)|
|Windows||2000 SP4, XP (SP1 & SP2), Vista|
|Macintosh||OS X (v10.3– v10.4)|
|Corel software||Windows||XP SP2, Vista|
*All data based on Canon’s Standard Test Method
*Subject to change without notice
Canon Australia Says:
Setting a new standard in High Definition, the HG10 is Canon’s first Full High Definition video camera that inputs & outputs in 1920 x 1080 resolution. The HG10 is the only consumer video camera with the choice of progressive (25P) or Interlaced (50i) filming, making it the highest quality of resolution available in the market. With 40GB of storage, the HG10 conveniently stores over 11.5 hrs of footage (SP). It comes with a complete High Definition support system with HD Video Lens, DIG!C DV II for HD processing and of course, no Canon HD video camera is complete without its proprietary 10x Super Range OIS and Instant AF to ensure continuous smooth and crisp imagery. The HG10 is easy to use whilst offering complete creative control so that you can take your filming to the next level.
Superior High Definition Video Camera
- Canon’s first 1920 x 1080 input and output High Definition Video Camera
- True progressive HD CMOS sensor, utilising Canon’s 20 years of EOS technology and development. HD CMOS sensor is best option for HD capture as it processes data faster with lower power consumption.
- Full HD video camera system with progressive HD CMOS sensor, HD video lens and DiG!C DV II processor. Powerful high speed processor enables processing of progressive footage (25P) a specification for digital HDTV broadcasting.
- HDMI output for connection to HDTV and USB2.0 Hi-Speed output for HD streaming.
- AVCHD High Profile recording for highest quality High Definition image.
Canon High Definition Image Quality
- Largest consumer HD image sensor (1/2.7”) results in best image capture and quality.
- Canon is world leader in lens technology and is the No 1 producer of quality TV broadcasting lens.
- Advanced technologies to support high quality video including On-Chip Noise Reduction and RGB Bayer filter to achieve realistic and brilliant colour reproduction.
- Advanced low light sensitivity with gapless micro lens technology for each pixel on image sensor.
- 43mm diameter HD video lens, compatible with teleconverter & wide angle lens
- 3.1 Megapixel simultaneous shooting while recording includes comprehensive range of photographic functions such as selectable 9-point AF, various modes and continuous shooting up to 4 frames/second.
- Built in video LED light and built in flash with red eye reduction.
Superior Technology to Ensure Optimum HD Footage
- Super Range OIS, a feature of professional video cameras, covers the widest range of shake from rhythmic movement such as hand held sway and breathing to bumpy car rides.
- Instant AF meets the HD requirements for fast and sharp on demand. An absolute necessity for HD films.
Additional Features for Creative Control
- The only High Definition consumer video camera with the choice of Progressive (25P) or Interlaced (50i) filming. 25P is the film rate which professionals use for improved image capture and creative control. Combined with 25P Cinema Mode, the HG10 gives the richness and depth of colour and film to create cinematic quality.
- Joystick to control focus, exposure, auto exposure and white balance
- Corel Application Software for creating DVDs, backing up data and editing
- Multiangle vivid 2.7” LCD display for sharing with friends. Complete with protective hard coat to reduce scratching and glare.
The HG10's Outstanding Features include:
- True Progressive HD CMOS sensor (1920 x 1080)
- 10x Canon HD Video Lens 43 mm diameter
- Super Range Optical Image Stabilization
- Instant AF for crisp and quick refocus
- Choice of 25P (Progressive) or 50i (Interlaced) filming
- 40GB for convenient storage (up to 15hrs recording) with anti shock HDD
- 3.1 MP photos, simultaneous photos while recording
- 0.8 second QuickStart
- HDMI output & Accessory shoe
- Includes Editing and Storage Software
Our Store Locations
360 Kent St
174 Canterbury Rd
367 High St
524 Ipswich Rd
© Copyright 2001 - 2016; Digital Camera Warehouse Pty Ltd,
ABN-31 510 583 734. All rights reserved. All brands, logos, images and names are trademarks of their respective companies. Images used are for illustrative purposes only and may not be identical to the product supplied.
Sydney, Melbourne, Brisbane